Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They're at it again - another new Ireland shirt

• 21-09-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭

New home shirt out for the Germany game.

Anyone got an idea of home many there's been in the last decade or so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

7 including 2002 WC Jersey.

Thats Home Jersey only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

FAI ripping fans off?

shure JD is a great lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Buy the training top. No sponsor/looks like a jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

just go to carrolls!

Anytime we had nice Jersey it only seemed to last no more then year.

Joke. Jersey should last a whole campaign, if not 2.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    New home shirt out for the Germany game.

Anyone got an idea of home many there's been in the last decade or so?
    7 including 2002 WC Jersey.

Thats Home Jersey only.

This is where I got my number btw. Few jumbled up, but think 7 is right anyway

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/r/republic-of-ireland/old-republic-of-ireland-football-shirts-t252.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So long as people keep buying them......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think the one they are ditching is the nicest we have had in ages.

I am delighted I got it cheap a few weeks ago when the likes of Elverys were selling them off for 25e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Any pic's??

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

I can't believe they persist on having a sponsors logo on it when no other country does and the players dont wear one. Surely this means its not a 'replica' shirt. I go to most home games but wont buy a jersey until they remove the sponsor like all of the other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I can't believe they persist on having a sponsors logo on it when no other country does and the players dont wear one. Surely this means its not a 'replica' shirt. I go to most home games but wont buy a jersey until they remove the sponsor like all of the other countries.
    I'd only more people thought the same. If no one bought them, the policy would have to change

I'd only more people thought the same. If no one bought them, the policy would have to change

Well, in fairness, if they didn't think it was in their financial interest to do so then surely they would sell them as standard without the logo.

They have obviously decided/estimated or whatever that the value of the fee they get from sponsors is worth more to them then the potential for selling more shirts without the logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I've already got mine pre ordered with Whelan on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

If that's it then least it's much nicer than the current one, worst we had in a long time imo.

Anyone else see their twitter announcement for it's release as 5-10-11? They took it down fairly sharpish :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Considering some club kits cost €70, €44 is not bad, hopefully they sell it at that price here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

its a given now that most teams bring out new jerseys every year, ffs look at the turnover of them at United, liverpool, england etc etc.

theres new Munster and ireland rugby jerseys all the time, all the big gaa counties change their jerseys regulary. im from Kerry and the team has worn 4 different jerseys in their last 4 trips to croke park for example.

why is it such a problem when Ireland does it? just another reason to lash the FAI. they are not perfect by any means, but some of the s*it thrown at them is pathetic and this is one of them. its simple really, if people are not happy with new jerseys, dont buy them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Rekop dog wrote: »

Were the Green's and McShane's already sold-out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

It's better than the current one - someone got me that as a present and I don't wear it because of the silly stripes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Same here, I won't buy one until they remove the sponsor like every other country.

• Advertisement

The collar looks muck on those pics. Are Nike not phasing out Umbro anyway? I thought Nike would be taking over England and Man City in the next year or two, would we not be the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nicer then the current one but still wont be buying it with the bloody 3 logo

Jason Todd wrote: »
    The collar looks muck on those pics. Are Nike not phasing out Umbro anyway? I thought Nike would be taking over England and Man City in the next year or two, would we not be the same?

We'll probably have another 3 jersies out before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

3rd jersey in a row thats pretty much all plain green, would be nice to see some more white and gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Afaik, the FAI's contract with Umbro runs until 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Umbro, Nike or Joma, it doesn't matter who the kit sponsor is, they are all going looking to look hideous with a with some logo on it.

Anyways, what happened to that gray kit they had a few years back? Only wore it in a friendly if I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Anyways, what happened to that gray kit they had a few years back? Only wore it in a friendly if I remember.

Here's a good rundown of the Ireland kits over the last couple of decades.
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/republic-ireland/republic-ireland-1994-2010.html

The article has a mistake in that it says we wore grey at Croke Park v Wales for an EC game. It was actually for the return game in Cardiff.

The 2008-09 range has a second grey kit but I can't remember if it was ever used in a game?

==

Man I miss the days when Ireland had the same kit for a couple of years at a time, would only have ONE away kit (which was invariably just a "negative" of the home gear) and where both would be introduced and discontinued together. It was much simpler to follow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

kitakyushu wrote: »

Man I miss the days when Ireland had the same kit for a couple of years at a time, would only have ONE away kit (which was invariably just a "negative" of the home gear) and where both would be introduced and discontinued together. It was much simpler to follow!

But John Delaney wasn't on 300k a year back in those days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I for one blame Trap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Is this kind of thing just brought up when there is nothing better to bitch about?

RikkFlair wrote: »
    3rd jersey in a row thats pretty much all plain green, would be nice to see some more white and gold

Not a huge fan of gold on jersies I have to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Why would there be gold on an Irish jersey?

It's not a ****ing Offaly jersey.

noodler wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of gold on jersies I have to say.

Too heavy for a start.

Seaneh wrote: »

I don't think the poster I quoted meant that gold was part of the flag.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Too heavy for a start.

Boom tish etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Seaneh wrote: »

Orange I meant, flag colours Example

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Somebody mentioned why we have the sponsor our the jersey you buy in the shops but I think Australia did something like this too with their jersey's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Classy jersey, love that shade of green. 3 logo is obviously poxy though.

newirelandjersey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Why do people hate when they release new jerseys so much? No need to buy every one, and it makes extra revenue for the FAI which is something they need badly at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Its gank. I want Adidas back. They made a lovely job of Northern Ireland's jersey.

New-Northern-Ireland-Home-Kit-2012-13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Everyone ought to get McClean, Brady and Gibson printed and turn their backs to the field any time Green and McShane come on/ get the ball ;) Wake up Trap.

Got to be honest, for an organisation with the apparently empty pockets of the FAI is ordering the production of a sh1tload of new jerseys a good idea? Im sure nearly every fan and bandwagoner alike must have bought a new one last June. Another 70 euro flogging a shirt to people in this climate, the fans will be calling it a moneyspinner and the bandwagoners wont be watching another match until we qualify again. Is this really a wise investment by the FAI?

Having said all that it is a very nice jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still the only national jersey in Europe that can't be bought without an ugly corporate logo on the front.

Thing is, I don't even really care anymore. Every day my apathy towards the FAI and the Ireland team grows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Ireland team can't be blamed for poor administrative decisions made by the FAI. The Irish players would give the same effort if they were still being sent out in the 2002 kits.

Ultimately people, if you dislike jersey policy as practised by the FAI, Premiership teams, etc the first step to changing things is simple: don't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I for one blame Trap!

Do you remember the Italian fella who was so good at designing fashion that they had to shoot him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

They should offer the actual authentic jersey the players wear without the 3 logo and sell it alongside the the cheaper replica with 3 sponsor.

Other clubs and countries sell them so why can't we? They usually cost double the price but they could at least give the fans the option.

Poland had three different jerseys at different 3 different prices for the Euros. They all looked similar but were made from different materials.

Why do people hate when they release new jerseys so much? No need to buy every one, and it makes extra revenue for the FAI which is something they need badly at the minute.

The FAI needing revenue isnt down to the problems with the fans, as fans we still go in our thousands to the Aviva for friendlies and competitive matches.

If the FAI wasnt run so badly from the top down then maybe they would make some extre revenue instead of having releasing a new jersey every 12 months.

I havent bought one since the WC 2002 campaign, IIRC.

Do you think it's right that John Delaney pays himself more than the head of the Italian FA gets paid? They can't play the poor-mouth with me while he is still on stupid money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The lads rocking the jersey / suit combo

A3jynwQCAAM14Sw.png

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The lads rocking the jersey / suit combo

A3jynwQCAAM14Sw.png

Not tonight lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nice to see an Irish lad with the two foreigners...

/me exits thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Advertisement
Advertisement