Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They're at it again - another new Ireland shirt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

St.Ledger sounds more enthusiastic about selling jersies than he does about beating Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The Jersey does look nice I have to say. No need for it, but just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

its a given now that most teams bring out new jerseys every year, ffs look at the turnover of them at United, liverpool, england etc etc.

theres new Munster and ireland rugby jerseys all the time, all the big gaa counties change their jerseys regulary. im from Kerry and the team has worn 4 different jerseys in their last 4 trips to croke park for example.

why is it such a problem when Ireland does it? just another reason to lash the FAI. they are not perfect by any means, but some of the s*it thrown at them is pathetic and this is one of them. its simple really, if people are not happy with new jerseys, dont buy them!
    It's such a problem because international teams have about 10 competitive games a year, and that's if you're from one of the major nations and it's a tournament year. Not to mention they don't even wear the home jersey for all their games, they even change it for the sake of it sometimes.. It's a fcuking joke the way it is now and people have every right to lash the FAI for it, especially with that big dirty 3 logo on the front..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Everyone ought to get McClean, Brady and Gibson printed and turn their backs to the field any time Green and McShane come on/ get the ball ;) Wake up Trap.

Got to be honest, for an organisation with the apparently empty pockets of the FAI is ordering the production of a sh1tload of new jerseys a good idea? Im sure nearly every fan and bandwagoner alike must have bought a new one last June. Another 70 euro flogging a shirt to people in this climate, the fans will be calling it a moneyspinner and the bandwagoners wont be watching another match until we qualify again. Is this really a wise investment by the FAI?

Having said all that it is a very nice jersey.
    u know they dont actually 'invest' in buying like 100,000 jerseys dont you? umbro design and make them and sell them to shops and give a certain % to the fai.

the only people that should be annoyed about new shirts coming out is parents of young children who discover that their shirt is now not the same as their idol is wearing, for an adult to get upset otherwise is pretty pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

adamski8 wrote: »
    u know they dont actually 'invest' in buying like 100,000 jerseys dont you? umbro design and make them and sell them to shops and give a certain % to the fai.

the only people that should be annoyed about new shirts coming out is parents of young children who discover that their shirt is now not the same as their idol is wearing, for an adult to get upset otherwise is pretty pathetic.

Unfortunately there aren't too many players worthy of being called idols in the Irish squad at the moment. Does any kid really dream of being Like McGeady?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Its too like the previous one. If I didn't know there was a new jersey out I wouldn't have noticed when we play our next game either. Hardly any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Maybe us having the word 'troika' would be a more fitting sponsor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

[QUOTE=kitakyushu;80880383
    ]...
    The 2008-09 range has a second grey kit but I can't remember if it was ever used in a game?
    [/QUOTE]

Open to correction on this but, as far as I can remember, that jersey was never worn by Ireland, but was worn by the Airtricity League XI in either the Dublin Cup or the game again Man Utd (or both!)

Augmerson wrote: »
    Somebody mentioned why we have the sponsor our the jersey you buy in the shops but I think Australia did something like this too with their jersey's.

Sponsor appears on the jersey as it was a clause put into contracts by OPEL back in the day. There wasnt a whole lot of interest in sponsorship so the FAI took whatever was given to them. Since then all other main sponsors have insisted on the same clause

• Advertisement

recyclebin wrote: »
    They should offer the actual authentic jersey the players wear without the 3 logo and sell it alongside the the cheaper replica with 3 sponsor.

Other clubs and countries sell them so why can't we? They usually cost double the price but they could at least give the fans the option.

Poland had three different jerseys at different 3 different prices for the Euros. They all looked similar but were made from different materials.

I've seen this myself with HJK Helsinki. I happened to be in Helsinki for work a few years back and went along to a game.
    The official match jersey had about 10 different sponsorship logos on it and could be bought in the club shop for €120 (I think). A completely sponsorshipless one was also available for €60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Would prefer it if addidas made the jersey, and there was 3 white stripes at the shoulder area, 3 green stripes for the away jersey.

That was our best ever jersey IMO. Retro early 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

adamski8 wrote: »

I didnt know that. Still mind, Umbro so are investing quite alot in an initial shipment of these from China or wherever- how long do clothes hang about a shop unsold before they are deemed too old to go for the full price?
    the only people that should be annoyed about new shirts coming out is parents of young children who discover that their shirt is now not the same as their idol is wearing, .

Little gits. I wore my USA 94 knock off until it was falling apart in the wash :pac:

And as the other lad said, under the Trap method any young lad who attempts anything risky or classy enough to label him an icon or a star will not be getting game time for such risky behaviour.

Advertisement