Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap cat5 network cable

• 21-09-2012 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

Looking for network cable (cat5), where can I get it apart from Maplin? Their prices are a real ripoff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    Looking for network cable (cat5), where can I get it apart from Maplin? Their prices are a real ripoff.

How much are you looking for OP? I have a couple of 50ft cat5's you can have for free if you need them. I got them down in Micro Ireland on Thomas street where they will cut the cable to the length you require. I paid €10 for 50ft so you can calculate your needs from that, and if you think Maplin are outrageous, I wouldn't venture into Harvey Norman or PC World if I were you, their prices are astronomical! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Thanks for the advice, I need no more than 25ft (I won't be able to hide it I think), I'll give the Micro a buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

fl4pj4ck wrote: »

Try Techpart in Eastlink Business Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Try Techpart in Eastlink Business Park

+1

Techpart 061 603974 or Locall 1850 228 749

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

How much are you looking for OP? I have a couple of 50ft cat5's you can have for free if you need them. I got them down in Micro Ireland on Thomas street where they will cut the cable to the length you require. I paid €10 for 50ft so you can calculate your needs from that, and if you think Maplin are outrageous, I wouldn't venture into Harvey Norman or PC World if I were you, their prices are astronomical! :eek:

Hi,

Im looking for a 50ft if your offer is still available?

Regards

Iba

• Advertisement

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Im looking for a 50ft if your offer is still available?

Regards

Iba

Of course, I'm in the city centre if you wanted to make arrangements to pick it up, I think I have three of them for definite anyway, and god only knows how many standard length cat 5 cables if you wanted to take them off my hands! :D

Of course, I'm in the city centre if you wanted to make arrangements to pick it up, I think I have three of them for definite anyway, and god only knows how many standard length cat 5 cables if you wanted to take them off my hands! :D

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Im thinking though that you are in Limerick, yes/no? Im actually in Dublin.

When you mentioned Thomas Street, I thought at first you in dublin as there is a Thomas Street here.

If your in Limerick, I could pay you for the postage?

Regards

Iba

iba wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Im thinking though that you are in Limerick, yes/no? Im actually in Dublin.

When you mentioned Thomas Street, I thought at first you in dublin as there is a Thomas Street here.

If your in Limerick, I could pay you for the postage?

Regards

Iba

Ahh fairness to yourself iba you might be better off to ask in the Dublin City forum would abyone have some cat 5 cable handy as the cost of postage would be the equivalent of you going into Pixalert there on Thomas street in DUBLIN and asking for a length of cable.

Ahh fairness to yourself iba you might be better off to ask in the Dublin City forum would abyone have some cat 5 cable handy as the cost of postage would be the equivalent of you going into Pixalert there on Thomas street in DUBLIN and asking for a length of cable.

Ok - thanks for the advice - might have a wonder up to pixalert so and chance my arm :)

Advertisement