Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Island - MORE Volunteers Required, Wed 3rd Oct

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lettuce97

Dtoffee wrote: »
    Early night it is so, the app is loaded and ready to go.

Tks

Tony

Ditto, see you tomorrow bright and early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

What can I say, a great day to test your skills on the wonderful Island links course. The wind was as you would expect, the rough was deep and the fairways tight, so we had our work cut out. For our fourball the scores may not have been great overall, but everyone had their moments and I think we all enjoyed the experience.

We had the benefit of Golfgraffix's impressive Island GC app to help us on our way ..... distance measurement was amazingly accurate, scores easy to record and the video preview of each hole left us in no doubt was was ahead of us. As a ham fisted techno thicko and a cynic of GPS systems, I was surprised how much I benefitted from the app .... never mind phone a friend, the phone app was my friend on every hole.

The Island is a classic links golf course and requires every club in the bag be used and not in the expected way either, its not too often that you need to use a 3 wood to run a ball 100 yards under the wind ... but the ends justify the means. The greens were in great shape, which is more than can be said about our putting and pin positions had the right mix of 6 easy, medium and tough around the course. The clubhouse was welcoming, staff were friendly and our food was excellent in both taste and value.

In the scoring department, when the 8 cards were totted up ..... Kevin Markham led the way with a very impressive 34 points and claimed top spot with a few points to spare.

My thanks go to Golfgraffix for his generousity in inviting us out and for his company on the day. Thanks also to Lettuce97 and BallyK .... great company and a great course 10/10 :)

Advertisement