Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 15 - Mardyke Bar, Sheares Street, Cork - 29 / 9 / 2012

Options
  • 21-09-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

After the success of the last tempest and the new venue also for the casuals the was hosted. we are once again at a new tournament for tempest 15.

like for causuals if you all are able to bring your equipment like back then it will be a far better tournament with hopefully a side tournament on the side after if we finish up quickly with street fighter.

like sairus i will be setting a side tournament and ask what will be the second game of request for it. thas can only happen if we get the equipment in.

If anyone can bring equipment ( ie, Xboxes, monitors, speakers, etc. ) Then please let us know here.

Here is a map as to the location of the venue in relation to the train station and the bus station;
    fW63J.png

Possible side tournament's vote 9 votes

street fighter random select tournament
    0% 0 votes
    Ultimate marvel vs capcom tournament
    44% 4 votes
    BOTH if there is time?
    55% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Woo~ Less go Tempest.

if we get the same gear as last casuals would every one prefer a
    UMVC tournament and some street fighter random tournaments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

As it stands I am available that day. Should be along, will bring monitor. I won't be playing in any tournament that isn't SF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I shall be there, Xbox in tow as always.

I couldn't really decide what game should be played so I've said both if there is time. I'm not really good at Marvel but if there is more interest in that than I've no problem with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Looking forward to this one.

Shokashi, guys, you have no idea how I much I will platonically love you if you please please please please please pick Marvel for the side tourney!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll be there!

I romantically love nevflinn so I picked marvel for the side tournament. But I platonically hate him so I'm gonna train up in marvel and take the first place spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Not sure if I can make it to this one, broke as fock.:(
    Hopefully I will be though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll pay for your buy in waster.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Currently have Saturday off, but is subject to change. I will remain cautiously optimistic.

• Advertisement

raah! wrote: »

I'll split it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

raah! wrote: »
    mackg wrote: »
    I'll split it with you.

Lads, that's seriously nice of you but I'm not taking yer money!
    I'll try my best to show up on the day, something good will happen :D

Thanks a lot!! ❤❤ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

WasterEx wrote: »
    Lads, that's seriously nice of you but I'm not taking yer money!
    I'll try my best to show up on the day, something good will happen :D

Thanks a lot!! ❤❤ :P

Lads since waster won't take your offer I will.

I'm in the same situation for reals

Your friend Anto ❤❤ ;) trololololol :pac:

But on a serious note I'll be there.

I don't mind having both side tourney but if we only have time for 1.
    I rather have the sf4 random select :D

Like isaid all this can be done providing if we can get the same equipment and set up we had on casuals. That means four screens and systems to play on. Mind you we gout the tempest sxreen andthe screen in the mardyke. So all that is left is 2 screens and 3 consoles and thats it.

Chris IWS wrote: »
    Currently have Saturday off, but is subject to change. I will remain cautiously optimistic.

( using jedi mind trick ) these are not tue droids you are looking for.........errr what I was ment to say was........... you will be there young Chris walker :p

ok looking that we got macks monitor and mistys xbox. so far we have 2 monitors and a big screen and 2 xbox. so we only have 2 set ups guys. is there a chance that anyone can bring an extra xbox or volomeer to bring his ps3. to be honest we aslo need some one to bring in umvc as i dont have the game :p sorry

volomeer to bring his ps3

What good is a ps3 for the tournament? How many people have dual modded sticks? It would be fine for casuals but since we only have two set-ups at the minute and one free monitor what we need is another xbox to be able to run the tournament at anything other than a snails pace.

Ok ii got help setting up the cork tempest street fighter page. So look it up when you can guys

Shokashi wrote: »
    Ok ii got help setting up the cork tempest street fighter page. So look it up when you can guys

Link?

EDIT: Thanks Misty. Looks good lads.

• Advertisement

So, what time does this open, 12 or 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

Yo sorry I'm late to the party, I'll bring along my Ps3 again with UMVC3. Most people do or should have modded sticks. You can make the same argument about me playing on the Xbox. I don't play stick I play pad so aren't I at a disadvantage every time I need to use that ****ty Xbox Pad?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

Open at 12, start at 1 i think. The vid on the face book page is past tempest fights crammed into a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

Valormeer wrote: »
    I don't play stick I play pad so aren't I at a disadvantage every time I need to use that ****ty Xbox Pad?

Right there with you man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yo sorry I'm late to the party, I'll bring along my Ps3 again with UMVC3. Most people do or should have modded sticks. You can make the same argument about me playing on the Xbox. I don't play stick I play pad so aren't I at a disadvantage every time I need to use that ****ty Xbox Pad?

If the organisers have said it's a 360 tournament then you should get a converter if you want to use a PS3 pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Buy a converter to let you use your PS3 pad on Xbox. I'm not sure of the exact type of cable or whatever but I know several of the Dublin lads own one and play their PS3 pads at Xbox tournaments. Pretty sure they're fairly cheap too.

Not really fair of you to say that people 'should' have modded sticks to play on PS3 when you yourself are giving out about playing on Xbox and making no effort to buy a converter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Unfortunately for you XBOX is the standard machine for tournaments in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Unfortunately for you XBOX is the standard machine for tournaments in Ireland.

Yeah well while that is true, I do pay my money like everyone else. Also I might point out that I went to the trouble of lugging my set up to the casual's last time. A little bit of consideration would be nice no?

As for the converter I already have one on order just waiting for it show up. It's just annoying that the offer of another set up is instantly slapped down just because it's a Ps3.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Inferno opinion on it used to be this.

The person attending has responsibility for his own equipment. If you are a regular tourney player, your really should take that responsibility for yourself and have both systems covered. You're supposed to be taking this a little more seriously than a dude in their bedroom. Unless it specifically says XBOX/ PS3 ONLY on the tournament rules. Doesn't matter what you play on at home.

I must say, I am continually amazed though by pad players assumption that stick players will mod ect. It is considerably more expensive, more difficult, and it voids the warranty on a approx. 200 quid piece of equipment. (that's not aimed at you valomeer btw, just on past incidents).

Yet when ever this issue arises in a tournament, it's because everyone is using Hound's lone converter...

• Advertisement

Anto has a converter for using a ps3 pad on an xbox and as far as I know he has a spare, these have been present at every Tempest and as such there should be no reason anyone wanting to use a ps3 pad in an xbox tournament shouldn't have been able to do just that.

No one is slapping down the idea of bringing the ps3 along but as it stands we have two set ups and one free monitor. Due to the lack of actual tournament viable set ups an xbox has to be the priority in this situation so if Shokashi posted "we need another xbox or ps3" and you replied "I'll bring the ps3" and that was that we would not be doing what is in the best interests of running the tournament smoothly. If we can't get another xbox the ps3 would do to run casuals as there is no point having a monitor idle. As has been said if we advertise an xbox tournament we run an xbox tournament.

Advertisement