Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 15 - Mardyke Bar, Sheares Street, Cork - 29 / 9 / 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

mackg wrote: »
    Anto has a converter for using a ps3 pad on an xbox and as far as I know he has a spare, these have been present at every Tempest and as such there should be no reason anyone wanting to use a ps3 pad in an xbox tournament shouldn't have been able to do just that.

No one is slapping down the idea of bringing the ps3 along but as it stands we have two set ups and one free monitor. Due to the lack of actual tournament viable set ups an xbox has to be the priority in this situation so if Shokashi posted "we need another xbox or ps3" and you replied "I'll bring the ps3" and that was that we would not be doing what is in the best interests of running the tournament smoothly. If we can't get another xbox the ps3 would do to run casuals as there is no point having a monitor idle. As has been said if we advertise an xbox tournament we run an xbox tournament.

I must agree there. It is a xbox360 tournament only. And in that respect I should.of mentioned that if a suitable xbox can't be found then a ps3 for casual could be used.

Sorry I jumped the gun there but its these small details I tend to miss. Thanks for the cover there Mack

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Just wondering did anyone buy Marvel Origins who are bringing their consoles?

Have some MVC casuals on the side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

See you all 2moro :D
    Will be bringing my wired controller along as usual...

We have a clear winner. Umvc will be the side tournament. Good luck and.see.you tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

Shokashi wrote: »
    We have a clear winner. Umvc will be the side tournament. Good luck and.see.you tomorrow

Awwww, so no to power stone then? Rats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I think we should add dice to the side tournament poll for the next Tempest after the success of the little tournament we had at the last casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

OniKen wrote: »
    Awwww, so no to power stone then? Rats

I really gotta get the Power Stone games for my DC. 4 player Power Stone 2 is the funnest ****!

remember its 12 to 5, may have mentioned it but if i diddnt.................sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Won't be able to make it today, sorry. :(

GG's to all, some laugh.

Street Fightaaaa

1 - Gouke
    2 - Steez
    3 - MackG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

The results.

1. Gouke
    2. Silver Steez
    3. Mack
    4. Shokashi
    5. WasterEX
    5. VizardAnto
    7. Misty Chaos
    7. Drizzler

Marvel side tournament (open to correction)

1. Nevflinn
    2. Misty Chaos
    3. VizardAnto
    3. Gouke
    5. Shokashi

Special mention has to go to Gouke who after the random select tournament has to have arguably the best Bison in Cork.

:pac:

Finals of Street Fighter were recorded and will be along at some point, not sure about the others.

Thanks to Shokashi for organising things once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Ggs everyone! Had a good first play of marvel too, never has doing an ultra and then mashing been so rewarding.

Looking forward to seeing the footage in the finals misty!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Great tournament, big thanks to Shokashi for hosting and arranging, and a huge thanks to everyone else for coming and being such good company.

Thanks also for hosting the Marvel side tourney. I had a hoot, and was able to use my 1-euro winnings to buy my dad a nice 60th birthday present!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Here is the grand final for AE2012, split into 2 parts because I stopped and restarted when the match was rest;

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Good stuff lads, how many attended the SSF4 AE event?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Good stuff lads, how many attended the SSF4 AE event?

There wasn't as many people as the last one, I think 8 people showed up for this one as far as I can remember.

WasterEx wrote: »
    There wasn't as many people as the last one, I think 8 people showed up for this one as far as I can remember.

nope..... 9 people showed up, counted entries and had 90 euros. 10 if you include cavemanfurby he made an appearance for an hour just to lest us know he is back in town for future events.

Advertisement