Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer/Fiddle player looking for advice on suitable accommodation in Dublin.

Options
  • 21-09-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Having problems finding a place in the €400-600 p/m price range that would allow for loud music! Seems all I can afford is a small apartment or a house share but it's been difficult to find a suitable place or people who will put up with the noise.

I'm studying/playing and teaching in Dublin. Anyone know of anywhere or can think of possible solutions? Would be great to find fellow musicians interested in a house share.

Cheers guys,

Conor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Youre not going to find many places that will be happy to have a drummer living with/beside them Im afraid! It certainly rules out any apartments or similar type close living quarters.

It might be a solution to get an electric drum kit to practice on while at home? Would give you some control over the noise and would allow you to play without disturbing anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cnr

Suppose you're right. It has crossed my mind. The only thing holding me back from doing that is that an acoustic kit is far more enjoyable! But I suppose sacrifices may have to be made for the time being! Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

It depends where you end up living I suppose. If you can find a place that has a bit of land around it then youll be fine, but given your budget Im not sure how many options will be available to you.

I understand where you are coming from; I play the guitar and as much as I would love to blast it out full volume its just not going to happen where I live (apartment building)! The drums are even harder to accomodate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Check this out

It's in your price range, don't know if the area works for you. Even if not, I think you might be able to find something similar, a lot of people built detached structures/granny flats in their gardens during the boom, I've seen others advertised, it's just a question of hunting them down. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Maybe post on Thumped.com - you might get lucky and find someone like-minded to share with:http://thumped.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?26-Accommodation

• Advertisement
Advertisement