Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IOS6 sucks. Is there anyway I can roll back to IOS5

• 21-09-2012 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

H there,

I upgraded my OS on Iphone 4 yesterday and I deeply regret it. The phone now drops off Wi FI every 10 minutes or so.

On upgrading, it completed sucessfully yet I lost all my unpaid apps and all my music.

I so wish apple would test they substandard software before releasing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

trodsky wrote: »
    H there,

I upgraded my OS on Iphone 4 yesterday and I deeply regret it. The phone now drops off Wi FI every 10 minutes or so.

On upgrading, it completed sucessfully yet I lost all my unpaid apps and all my music.

To be honest, if you hadn't backed up your phone before upgrading, I don't think you have anybody to blame but yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭trodsky

Am I looking for sympathy? If you cant answer my question don't bother with your smart ass replies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Am I looking for sympathy? If you cant answer my question don't bother with your smart ass replies...

Did I mention anywhere that you were looking for sympathy? You are stating that Apple have released substandard software, yet the second issue you have complained about has nothing to do with Apple, and everything to do with you. Read the iOS 6 megathread for help with your other issue

Can you help or not? If not beat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

I dont think you can revert but if you have iCloud set up go to the app store on your phone then click "Purchased" at the top and then click the "not on this phone" part. You can then redownload them and paid apps again for free. You might still have some data in them and for things like games the game centre should have saved your scores. Im not a fan of iOS6 at all!

• Advertisement

macsauce wrote: »
    I dont think you can revert but if you have iCloud set up go to the app store on your phone then click "Purchased" at the top and then click the "not on this phone" part. You can then redownload them and paid apps again for free. You might still have some data in them and for things like games the game centre should have saved your scores. Im not a fan of iOS6 at all!

Thanks Mac for your constructive reply ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'd imagine 5.1.1 is still being signed for the time being so download it from iclarified or similar and hold shift while you click restore in iTunes and select te 5.1.1 ipsw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Have you tried restoring iOS 6 again to fix your Wifi problems? I've the 4 too and upgraded to iOS 6. Although my Wifi signal is much weaker than before it doesn't lose connection.

I'm also guessing from the posts above you don't have a backup of your phone? But if you do you can just restore all your apps, music and files from the backup and have the phone the same as before your upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Set proxy to auto in wifi settings, sorts it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

H there,

Anytime I've updated iOS devices, the Apps, music and videos all copy back over when the OS is completed. It usually takes a while as you're dealing with a lot of data.

Restore from a backup and you'll be grand.

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroubleshooting/ss/restore-iphone.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Always amazed when people complain about software being bad and then not know about simple things like all app being available on the 'purchased' option.

Can't take the complaint serious then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Can you help or not? If not beat it.

This is a warning. One more crack like that, to a mod or anyone else, banned for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

if like everyone said, if you did a backup and then restore..you should not loose all music or any apps free or paid for,, it sounds as if you really arent sure what to do

as regards wireless dropping..

I have been testing IOS6 for the past few monhts and have had no issues with the phone dropping the signal, that I am afraid is on you router / wireless side

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

H there,

Have you tried it on another wifi network? My wifi is fine since updating. No harm giving it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Did you upgrade to iOS 6 with the thoughts that you’d have a better mobile experience on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, but didn’t? It's Maps, isn't it? Luckily, you can downgrade your device with ease back to iOS 5.1.1, and update again when Apple's released a fix for some of the features that are bugging you. Continue reading, and we’ll show you how to get your iOS 6 device back to working on iOS 5.

http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_downgrade_back_ios_5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Thanks OP for stopping me from updating my 4s, was just about to then thought I'd have a quick look here and found my answer.

Sorry about your troubles, but 1 mans misortune is another's good fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Strange, I've updated my 4s and not had a single issue with it.

All working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

stuar wrote: »
    Sorry about your troubles, but 1 mans misortune is another's good fortune.

You can't make decisions based on one person's experience, the vast majority of users have upgraded with no issues, myself included.

Are you going to wait until the OP upgrades successfully before taking the leap yourself?

Be a leader, not a laggard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Anthonyk2010

My street view has disappeared from the maps app since i updated to 6.0. Anyone know if its gone completely or opens some other way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

My street view has disappeared from the maps app since i updated to 6.0. Anyone know if its gone completely or opens some other way?
    Google maps no longer comes as part of iOS so you have no street view for now. Google supposedly going to release an app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I've had the initial WiFi problems on my iPad , but that was apples fault, Since then iOS 6 has been fine.

Though the lack of Maps and Youtube is a right pain. I'm coping with the iphone version of the youtube app.

Cant wait until Google release their apps, Apple better approve them

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Though the lack of Maps and Youtube is a right pain. I'm coping with the iphone version of the youtube app.

I use the web version of youtube and its a decent substitute for a real app. Also in Safari you can add a webpage to the home screen as an app like icon, so you can access it directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sucks? Are we in the States or something??????

Anyway Ive had zero issues with the update. To the poster who has decided not to update based on the OP, thats a pretty small samples there that you are making your decision on. You`d be better off doing some investigating into what is and isnt included in the update, search to see what problems people may or may not have had and make a decision then.

Advertisement