Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

America isn't all that great!

• 21-09-2012 12:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Look at the state of the place

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Loud, annoying, aggressive stupid people. Wouldn't go back there again.

MJ23 wrote: »

Did you look at the link?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he's talking about america, not dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Link won't open for me

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

God's country

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 iPhone Crusader

America is just here but bigger. All countries are like that, for example India is just here but bigger and hotter. China here but bigger and more people. Somalia is here but hotter and more dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

link led me down a country lane?

am i going to be raped?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Went to Cali summer gone! Was only there for 3 weeks but that was plenty.Cannot stand some of the people over there! you have to explain every little detail to them, in the end I just lost patience with half them, especially a few of the idiots that worked in the 7 eleven shops!

Thread is bombing spectacularly.

FWIW, OP, I liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Decky10

Stinicker wrote: »
    Funny man
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Lovely straight narrow road, lush green countryside with the perfect amount of manure congealed around the gate into the field, exquisite ditches and the lovely Mary in the top right hand window of that white house in the background and her topless..... I have the new Superzoom App for Google Maps.

God bless America, I'll bless Mary myself so leave her to me.

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Went to Cali summer gone! Was only there for 3 weeks but that was plenty.Cannot stand some of the people over there! you have to explain every little detail to them, in the end I just lost patience with half them, especially a few of the idiots that worked in the 7 eleven shops!

I was in California for two weeks in the summer (1 work and 1 for holiday). Fantastic part of the world, cant wait to go back. I would like to spend a few months there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Plazaman wrote: »
    and the lovely Mary in the top right hand window of that white house in the background and her topless..... I have the new Superzoom App for Google Maps.

you should really use emoticons i just spent the last 15 minutes looking for marys tits :mad:

I was in California for two weeks in the summer (1 work and 1 for holiday). Fantastic part of the world, cant wait to go back. I would like to spend a few months there.

I would have stayed in San fran not a bother.Loved the vibe there.Wasn't gone on Costa Mesa and Newport though.

I would have stayed in San fran not a bother.Loved the vibe there.Wasn't gone on Costa Mesa and Newport though.

I was a week in L.A, few days in San Diego and a few days in San Fran along with quick stop offs along the coast while driving between the cities. Liked them all. Even L.A once you get used to it isn't as bad as people were making out I thought.

I'd probably go to San Diego if I was going for a longer stay or possibly San Fran, my few days in San Fran were sort of spoiled a bit by constant rain though so cant judge it fairly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

That's not the real America.

You can't fool me . . . . :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

Period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Yet, your username is in honour of the greatest American basketball player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I doubt 7 days in Disneyland is representative of the entire country :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I loved the place! Lovely people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Amazing the strong opinions that have been formed on an entire continent by posters who appear to have spent about 20 minutes in the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I dont get it:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

I don't think they'd have you.
    Xenophobes need not apply.

Leopardi wrote: »

Period.

"Full stop" . Unless you're American of course...

As opposed to the abbundance genuises we have here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

America is full of assholes. And geniuses. And lovely people. And pricks.

It's a big place.

I was a week in L.A, few days in San Diego and a few days in San Fran along with quick stop offs along the coast while driving between the cities. Liked them all. Even L.A once you get used to it isn't as bad as people were making out I thought.

I'd probably go to San Diego if I was going for a longer stay or possibly San Fran, my few days in San Fran were sort of spoiled a bit by constant rain though so cant judge it fairly.

I thought san fran was amazing, especially Little Italy! Found a lovely little restaurant called de lucci's.Was honestly the nicest food I've ever tasted, I'd go back in a heartbeat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I thought san fran was amazing, especially Little Italy! Found a lovely little restaurant called de lucci's.Was honestly the nicest food I've ever tasted, I'd go back in a heartbeat!

west coat is unreal! east coast is a dive! they're just like fatter,more annoying irish people on the east coast!

Oh I did enjoy it and would love to go back again but only really got to see the main sights as it was just too wet to go randomly exploring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

LOVE America & love Americans :D

Spent a month in Cali and would happily move there. Especially Los Angles - what an amazing place. Apartment right on Malibu beach would be perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

This thread is lost on A LOT of people. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

You should move to Brazil!

Streetview Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

That oul 'merica you have there is grand - leave the place be.

• Advertisement

V_Moth wrote: »
    You should move to Brazil!

Streetview Link

Nuh-uh, this is Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Apple Maps have made another embarrassing mistake. First they put Dublin Airport in south Dublin, now they're taking America out of Roscommon and across the Atlantic, 1000s of miles from Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I liked Costa Mesa, but wasn't a fan of Newport either. Huntington is better than both of them. Saying that I never left Orange County.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Apple Maps have made another embarrassing mistake. First they put Dublin Airport in south Dublin, now they're taking America out of Roscommon and across the Atlantic, 1000s of miles from Ireland!
    You can take America out of Roscommon but you'll never take Roscommon out of America!

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    This thread is lost on A LOT of people. :eek:

Yeah, I thought the joke was funny

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

America can and is an amazing country.
    None are perfect.
    One aspect of the USA that is worrying though is that the country spends more supposedly on staff/equipment for the NSA to spy on their own people than they actually spend watching the rest of the world and safe-guarding their borders.

Just food for thought.

I've absolutely nothing against the American people.
    (Bother in law of mine is also American. A more decent chap married to my sister you would not meet.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought the joke was funny

Make you wonder how many people actually read the OP in any thread! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

That link just took me to a field in roscommon no mention of America! Is my internets broken??? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

cassi wrote: »
    That link just took me to a field in roscommon no mention of America! Is my internets broken??? :confused:

Bazinga!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Biggins wrote: »
    America can and is an amazing country.
    None are perfect.
    One aspect of the USA that is worrying though is that the country spends more supposedly on staff/equipment for the NSA to spy on their own people than they actually spend watching the rest of the world and safe-guarding their borders.

Sir, could you look directly into this eye-tester and wait for the flash?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Augmerson wrote: »
    Sir, could you look directly into this eye-tester and wait for the flash?

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ha! Thats about 3 miles from where I grew up!

And yeah its ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

he's talking about america, not dublin

Yeah - that's the last one. Ignore list for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

So great in many ways but yet incomprehensible in their actions at times. Since 9/11 they've become quite paranoid, which has to be a worry to the rest of us. WW3 will start the next time one of the countries they've terrorised retaliates, or maybe if somebody finally calls the Jews bluff. Either that or Israel will strike first, which is an ever growing possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Like any country it has its ups and downs. Always found Americans in the main very very friendly. Love visiting for the service they can't do enough for you. Yes I know its for the tips. Great people anywhere i've been. Boston, LA, NY, NV etc. The average American is sound out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement