Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mascara that won't dry out??

• 21-09-2012 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

I know there was a mascara thread recently enough but I don't wear make up that often so I'm looking for something specifically that's going to last and not dry out too quickly. Also would like it not to be too clumpy going on. I'm using Aveda's Mosscara at the moment and I've never been happy with it. I'm going through duty free next week so would like to pick up something then.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I've recently been using some samples of cliniques curling mascara. I find it very nice, quite a wet formula which I like cos I find it doesn't clump much. It gives a nice bit of curl too. I've been meaning to buy a full size but the sample has lasted me ages so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

From this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80670877
    Toast4532 wrote: »

Lancome hypnose is nice too. Think it's about 26 in the duty free.

Use the voucher in this post and get 10 off if you spend 50 or more.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78542362&postcount=27

I know plenty who have used these vouchers and who haven't parked cars at the airport, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I also know of a few people who printed off more than one voucher, and used it at the MAC counter and the other counter beside the lancome stuff.

• Administrators Posts: 14,400 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I don't wear makeup daily. I (occasionally) wear it going out. I have Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara. I don't know when or where I bought it! I have no idea how long I have it. I will guess more than 5 years! It might not even be on the market anymore!

It hasn't dried out. It's not clumpy, and I still use it.. I don't even know how much of it is left!

(somebody will come on now and tell me I am doing untold damage to my eyes! But I haven't noticed any adverse reaction!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭rockclover1

YSL definately dries out quick and so does the maybelline volume one,i would say lancome hypnose is a good one,or max factor..I find them excellent i have the two of them and they are great..from the last post i will be looking out for the rimmel one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I know there was a mascara thread recently enough but I don't wear make up that often so I'm looking for something specifically that's going to last and not dry out too quickly.

How long are we talking? Mascara should really be replaced every six months or so.

In terms of something that's not going to be too clumpy, you need to stay away from the volumising/extra collagen formulas. Try L'Oreal Lash Architect, it's a good mid-range mascara.

Obviously this is personal opinion, but I've never found a Maybelline mascara that didn't instantly clump on contact with my lashes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Just a tip - make sure not to pump the wand into the mascara,this puts air in thus dries it out.Before you apply your mascara roll the excess off on a tissue, this will help with removing any clumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I think they all dry out. They should be binned after 6 months anyway because the tubes are a breathing ground for germs which can lead to eye infections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

mood wrote: »
    I think they all dry out. They should be binned after 6 months anyway because the tubes are a breathing ground for germs which can lead to eye infections.

I've never had one dry out, in saying that I'd never have one that's older then a year.

Maybe that's what the problem is Op...would you have a mascara for a long time?

Also pumping the want in and out a lot makes them dry out quicker apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

tan11ie wrote: »
    Before you apply your mascara roll the excess off on a tissue, this will help with removing any clumps.

Such a waste of mascara! If you find a decent formula this really shouldn't be necessary.

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Such a waste of mascara! If you find a decent formula this really shouldn't be necessary.

That's what the majority of make-up artists advise!

Advertisement