Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Culture Night 21st Sept

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Art Crimes Band are jamming on the blackrock bus route for this. Sounds pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

gimmick wrote: »
    The Art Crimes Band are jamming on the blackrock bus route for this. Sounds pretty cool.

Sure does!

Think i'll poke my head into Masonic Hall out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Sure does!

Think i'll poke my head into Masonic Hall out of curiosity.

Went in for a gawk myself last night, my god the place was jointed!! The building is huge, I dunno what to make of the whole place though, I just couldn't stop thinking of the stone cutters in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I went up to Blackrock Castle, but didn't stay long. Too cloudy for the various astrology shenanigans, the space exhibit was packed with little sh!tehawks kids and the Cork Skeptic thing was about half way done when I arrived and (the next session) again half way done when I went to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

We had a blast on Friday night.

Started at The Raven, an art exhibition by the Stark Raving Artists, paintings are still on exhibit, so a must see. Then on to the Masonic Hall - and I agree with other posters - jam packed - thought we'd entered the set of Harry Potter when we went into main room on 1st floor with flags. Had a very interesting chat with one of the members there, so found the whole thing enthralling.

On to the English Market - again packed- and then on to the City Hall, thought the sculpture outisde was brilliant, onto the 1st music bus to County Hall craft market and finally got up to Vertigo, wow, what views. And then 2nd music bus for the night back to town via Sunday's Well.

The buses were great fun - first one had two guys playing the theme from Braveheart and the return bus 3 young guys playing trumpets/horns and their rendition of Star Wars was great. Everyone was laughing and clapping.

Can't wait for next year's Culture Night because you get to see a bit more of Cork each time. And to the Organisers - congratulations!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement