Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please take a look at this photo

Options
  • 21-09-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Was flicking through photos I took earlier this year while on a walk. One particular photo of the river seems to have, what looks to me a figure standing on the water. Im guessing male and possibly a fisherman although there was definitely nobody else down there that morning apart from my husband and daughter. I reckon its a ghost. What do you think? Is there a way to make the figure clearer? Also could somebody post this photo on the page, i have tried and failed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I honestly cant see anything that I wouldnt class as reflection/pareidolia.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭endacl

lukesmom wrote: »
    Was flicking through photos I took earlier this year while on a walk. One particular photo of the river seems to have, what looks to me a figure standing on the water. Im guessing male and possibly a fisherman although there was definitely nobody else down there that morning apart from my husband and daughter. I reckon its a ghost. What do you think? Is there a way to make the figure clearer? Also could somebody post this photo on the page, i have tried and failed
    It's stuff hanging from a branch. If you look to the right there's more stuff hanging from the same branch that doesn't look anything like either a ghost or a fisherman.

Theres nothing wrong with your memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

endacl wrote: »
    It's stuff hanging from a branch. If you look to the right there's more stuff hanging from the same branch that doesn't look anything like either a ghost or a fisherman.

Why do you say that???

Why do you say that???
    Because in your op you said that there was definitely nobody there. Your memory of the scene is correct. There was nobody there.

It's an artifact. If you're interested, I don't see a fisherman. I see Queen Elizabeth I in a black cape looking over her left shoulder. No crown.

• Advertisement

It's an artifact. If you're interested, I don't see a fisherman. I see Queen Elizabeth I in a black cape looking over her left shoulder. No crown.

Very funny! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it is not stuff hanging from a branch. My husband and I were there and there was definitely nothing that large hanging from a branch. This figure is in the water.

Very funny! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it is not stuff hanging from a branch. My husband and I were there and there was definitely nothing that large hanging from a branch. This figure is in the water.
    Wasn't a joke. That's the pattern my perception fills in when asked to identify what you pointed out. You see a fisherman. I see a historical figure. Same thing happens when we stare at clouds. It may have been nothing you noticed at the time. Yet its there. Can you upload a higher res image?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I would say it looks like material in the branches...

At that closness if it was a figure, there would be a clearer outline.

Having said that, it sounds from your comments above that you have convinced yourself that it is a ghostly image of some kind so my opinion probably isn't going to sway you from that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What am I suppose to be looking at here? I don't see anything but a river and a tree? :(

Here is the same photo I have been able to zoom on image using a photo tool

• Advertisement

Here is the same photo I have been able to zoom on image using a photo tool
    Even fuzzier... Is the original in jpeg format?

Yes jpeg for original one. Sorry about last image it is pretty fuzzy didn't realise how bad it was.

I would say it looks like material in the branches...

At that closness if it was a figure, there would be a clearer outline.

Having said that, it sounds from your comments above that you have convinced yourself that it is a ghostly image of some kind so my opinion probably isn't going to sway you from that

I'm not 100% convinced it is a ghost. I don't think its part of the branches though.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

looking at the picture i dont see anything that looks like a ghost

I do see something hanging from the branch, and along the same branch, how you make that out to be a fisherman ill never know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I am convinced 100% that it's a ghost - maybe even a holy ghost - maybe only 99% on a second look!

Ghost my arse!

I walk that route almost everyday and can assure you that is not something hanging from a branch

I am convinced 100% that it's a ghost - maybe even a holy ghost - maybe only 99% on a second look!

Ghost my arse!

Fine if you don't think it's a ghost but no need to be so offensive

I walk that route almost everyday and can assure you that is not something hanging from a branch
    Maybe the ghost cleaned the branch? A community 'spirit'!

go down and take another picture, even 2 or 3, and close ups if you can, make sure you dont slip in the water though :)

vectrahed wrote: »
    go down and take another picture, even 2 or 3, and close ups if you can, make sure you dont slip in the water though :)

Yes will do that's a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Looks to me like either something hanging from the tree, or something in/floating on the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I presume its this figure here?

2ppdke1.jpg

EnterNow wrote: »
    I presume its this figure here?

2ppdke1.jpg

Yes

looks like he has a spud head lol but yes i see that tbh

vectrahed wrote: »
    looks like he has a spud head lol but yes i see that tbh

Lol spud head probably an aul spud farmer who was fond of fishin!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Okay folks just play nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It does look like the silhouette of a person alright, but the scale just isn't quite right. You could also say the figure is standing facing to the left, & you could say its facing to the right...it's too vague & thats why offhand it looks like someone standing in/on water. What would all the extra black mass be also?

Definitely seen it straight away though, good spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

just wondering why you were taking a picture of the river, was there something you were trying to capture,

if you look at the photo from a distance it could be made to look like something, but close up it does not,

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Looks like a ghost to me.

• Advertisement

just wondering why you were taking a picture of the river, was there something you were trying to capture,

if you look at the photo from a distance it could be made to look like something, but close up it does not,

I took several photos along the Ramparts, it's a beautiful place as I said I often take this walk. When I took this photo I did not notice the figure until I uploaded them

Advertisement