Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Oberst in the national concert Hall

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

Thanks for this. Going to be more people trying to get tickets now. You musnt be much of a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Thanks for posting, will try and head to this. Pity its so far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Thanks for this. Going to be more people trying to get tickets now. You musnt be much of a fan.

If it means there's less misserible arseholes like you there I wont be too upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

http://musicscene.ie/2012/09/conor-oberst-confirms-national-concert-hall-dublin-2013-show-for-tuesday-february-5th/

A fully seated gig in the national concert hall in Febuary. €24 is a steal too. No mention of who might play with him (Bright Eyes, Mystic Vally Band, Desaparecidos). I saw him in Germany with bright eyes in Summer 2011 and that was by no means a seated afair, it will be interesting to see what it's like.

Gotta say this is an excellent venue choice, fair play to the promoters.

A seated venue with no drink allowed in the auditorium means you won't get the usual stream of bar-trippers pushing in and out. It'll be quiet which should suit the songs, and it's a venue scalpers don't bother with in general so genuine fans have a decent chance of getting tickets. I'm not pushed about this gig as I haven't listened to Oberst in years, but I'd imagine for a lot of people (if Oberst is on form) this could be gig of the year.

Very reasonable ticket price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

If it means there's less misserible arseholes like you there I wont be too upset.

letting as many fans as possible know about this as possible is important, dont want to see the touts make a killing. Can't wait for this gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I've been listening to his music for 7 years now without ever getting the chance to see him live so really looking forward to this. It used to drive me nuts that he only ever seemed to play festivals in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Anyone seen these for sale on their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Tree Scape wrote: »
    Anyone seen these for sale on their site?

I emailed them about it, no reply yet, I will post it asap
    Can't wait to see him play again

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

I swore I would boycott him (gigs and new albums) forever after he cancelled his Belfast gig a fews back after getting a more lucrative festival gig in Scotland.
    Intend to stick to that. Shame really, as I used to be really into his stuff.

The git.

on sale now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Which browsers does this website actually work in because both Opera and IE 9 aren't going anywhere. Currently trying Chrome.

Toast wrote: »
    Which browsers does this website actually work in because both Opera and IE 9 aren't going anywhere. Currently trying Chrome.

never ever use IE ever for anything

I find general rule of the thumb with ticket sites is they make it work with IE and then everything else is an afterthought. Seat selection was broke in Opera so I tried with IE and that didn't give me the fields for card details when I selected Visa. Chrome seems to be working but the site is taking a long time to respond.

Edit: nope sales payment failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hope tickets last 'til Friday, would def like to see this :)

Toast wrote: »
    I find general rule of the thumb with ticket sites is they make it work with IE and then everything else is an afterthought. Seat selection was broke in Opera so I tried with IE and that didn't give me the fields for card details when I selected Visa. Chrome seems to be working but the site is taking a long time to respond.

Edit: nope sales payment failed.

I am getting that too, website is terrible

Im getting payment failed as well. Trying firefox and chrome. Id say the site is over loaded!

I don't wanna lose my seats

Communication timeout now. Right well I'm giving up. Might be better luck phoning the Box Office but I've to get to work. Doubt they'll be gone by the end of the day if the website is in the state it is in.

Failed in firefox and IE, a lot of tickets seem to be gone though looking at the map of venue. Lots of folk complaining on their fb page.

Failed in firefox and IE, a lot of tickets seem to be gone though looking at the map of venue. Lots of folk complaining on their fb page.

Yea if I leave now I lose my good seats

• Advertisement

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Yea if I leave now I lose my good seats

Timer at the top of the page show how long you have left to purchase the tickets in your basket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I had to try a load of times, but eventually my purchase went through (on Chrome).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,192 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Tried three times and have ran out of time once as the site just hung,so lost front row balcony seats second and third time the payment failed, gutted, in work and no option of browsers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

What a joke of a wesbite. Bad bad form

Got through on the phone, finally! The guy said that they would hold seats for me! (row E) and call back later when they would be able to process the payments(he better!!)

They eventually contacted me through Facebook and rang me, The person on the phone was very helpful, it's all sorted just have to wait for the payment to be processed

Still waiting on the call! I wont be able to relax untill my debit card gets charged!

Still waiting on the call! I wont be able to relax untill my debit card gets charged!

You are fine, they even gave me a booking number, so your tickets are all booked and secure

• Registered Users Posts: 14,192 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Managed to get mine eventually, have them printed! Hope everyone else gets sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ofthelord

Only found out about this gig today by spotting this thread! - got tickets without problem on the nch site.

Advertisement