Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Oberst in the national concert Hall

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Tried getting them at 9 but it wouldn't work, managed to get some just there though! Got row N of the stalls, thought I'd end up a lot worse than that so I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

They just rang me again to process payment, seems it still won't work, doesn't bother me though have my seats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

My card was charged 3 time this morning and I still have 0 seats fully booked. I was told that a hold was put on my card and that it should fall off at midnight. They said they would hold the seats for me till 2moro. Now I am annoyed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Early Birthday present for myself :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Just booked my tickets, so excited now! I've been a fan since 2006 and didn't think I'd ever get to see Conor live. I didn't get a chance to book them yesterday so I ended up with Row T but I'm fairly near the centre so it should hopefully be okay (never been to the NCH before). None of my friends are fans of Conor's so I shall have to coerce someone into going with me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

There are under 10 tickets left on sale for this now at www.nch.ie
    Simon Felice is supporting him now, should be a great night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

DESAPARECIDOS to play the button factory on the following Thursday the 7th...

http://www.conoroberst.com/02/shows/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

DESAPARECIDOS to play the button factory on the following Thursday the 7th...

http://www.conoroberst.com/02/shows/

This one appeals to me a lot more than hearing some of his solo stuff.
    Could be a cracker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

curious about the gig in the button, never been up there at that venue. whats it like. is there seating available at all for the gig?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Looking forward to this tomorrow. Have never seen him outside of a festival.

• Advertisement

Same here, saw him at EP i think a few years ago, was excellent.
    Really looking forward to this, and looking forward to Simone Felice also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Good venue. I'm bringing the girlfriend to the show, not much of a fan myself but good music is good music!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Finally a chance to see Conor outside a festival or Monsters Of Folk performance ! Thought that was a very good gig. A nice mix of Bright Eyes, solo, rarer and new tracks. The couple of new ones sounded very good. Oberst seemed suitably relaxed yet at times mad off the wall (in a good way) chatty and in all round good form. Crowd were respectful yet enthusiastic the venue was very suitable with crystal clear sound from the off.. Enjoyed Simone Felice's support act too.. Less chemically inhibited than I've seen him before. All round damn good night...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Anyone catch the name of the violinist? Loved her.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 The Ferrit

Samantha Stone i think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,192 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Simi Stone is her more popular alias, she seems to have done quite a bit. I was impressed with her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

She was in The Duke & The King with Simone Felice. Also his significant other at some point.

Simi Store, She was quite ill recently I think (must run in the band), good to see her in fine voice.
    She plays with Simone in The Duke and the King - saw them in A2 few years ago and very good.
    Loved Conors performance-great gig, highlight was CApe Canaveral and the song in the encore that they all sang-anyone know the name of it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Tree Scape wrote: »
    Simi Store, She was quite ill recently I think (must run in the band), good to see her in fine voice.
    She plays with Simone in The Duke and the King - saw them in A2 few years ago and very good.
    Loved Conors performance-great gig, highlight was CApe Canaveral and the song in the encore that they all sang-anyone know the name of it?

Make war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

make war as per lordgoat is the tunei believe. personally, champion of idiots was a highlight. a real surprise. also loved at the bottom of everything. oberst is king

• Advertisement

make war as per lordgoat is the tunei believe. personally, champion of idiots was a highlight. a real surprise. also loved at the bottom of everything. oberst is king
    yep, that's it, cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Playing seated gig in NCH, on sale tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Playing seated gig in NCH, on sale tomorrow morning

Is it not in board gais?

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Is it not in board gais?
    It is, that's what I meant

On sale, great seats to be had