Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling to NY

Options
  • 21-09-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

I'm heading to NY in the new year. I plan to stay there for about 4/6 days only thing is I'm not sure when I'm heading back to Dublin, if I book one way to NY can I book anytime I want back to Dublin? would it cost much? or would you advice on a return flight?

also if I do book in NY back to Dublin I may have to wait in JFK for hours is there bars there?

Thanks

MTJM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

From my experience if you have a one-way ticket you will likely be asked a lot of questions unless you have a legal right to stay in the country you are traveling to. So if you do not have a visa to live in the USA (or a U.S. citizen), you will be asked to show a return flight ticket. Same thing happens when a non-EU person visits Ireland. If you have a one way ticket the airline will ask for proof of return or a copy of your visa paperwork or immigration ID card for example. Hope this helps!

As for bars in JFK it is a major airport so like Dublin airport, there is plenty to do but no where near as fun as being in NYC. It is an airport after all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

It's a requirement of the visa waiver program that you have a return ticket / onward ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

In addition to the above, one way flights are usually more expensive than returns. You still have 4+ months, why not firm up your plans and then book return?

Yes there are bars in JFK- you shouldn't need to wait very long as going through security will take up a lot of your time. Be sure not to get drunk or they may deny you boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

silja wrote: »
    In addition to the above, one way flights are usually more expensive than returns. You still have 4+ months, why not firm up your plans and then book return?

Yes there are bars in JFK- you shouldn't need to wait very long as going through security will take up a lot of your time. Be sure not to get drunk or they may deny you boarding.

Paid $11 a pint while there a few weeks ago......very steep!

Advertisement