Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin to live

Options
  • 21-09-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Looking to move to Dublin. I will be working out at Sir John Rogersons quay and my partner will be working out in Clondalkin and we are looking for a place to live.

I can get the bus/Luas to work but my partner needs the bring the car to work, what areas should we consider living in that would suit?

I'm think D8 as it has the Luas line and Clondalkin isnt to far, anyone any other areas that they think would suit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Aggers

D8 can be a bit of a dump but there are some nice places.

Doesnt the 77 go down near the quays, so somewhere like Walkinstown would be a decent bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Aggers wrote: »
    Looking to move to Dublin. I will be working out at Sir John Rogersons quay and my partner will be working out in Clondalkin and we are looking for a place to live.

I can get the bus/Luas to work but my partner needs the bring the car to work, what areas should we consider living in that would suit?

I'm think D8 as it has the Luas line and Clondalkin isnt to far, anyone any other areas that they think would suit?

I'd suggest Inchicore/Kilmainham area or possibly near Heuston Station. Luas into Sir John Rogersons and easy access to Clondalkin driving.

The 77a goes to Ringsend Rd, which is probably closer than the Luas stop. That opens up a lot of areas, Cork St or Crumlin Rd areas would be handy, bus stops close and is on the route to Clondalkin if she plans on going out towards the Long Mile Rd way.
    Aggers wrote: »
    D8 can be a bit of a dump but there are some nice places.

Doesnt the 77 go down near the quays, so somewhere like Walkinstown would be a decent bet?

Parts of every area can be a bit of a dump tbh Aggers, Dublin 8 for the majority is ok.

No such thing as the 77 anymore, it's the 27 now and goes a different route after Fleet St.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Cork Street (on the actual street itself ) is good...the nearer the Coombe itself the better....with a Lidl, Centra, laundry and Fallons pub you'd be hard pushed to get better within walking distance of town, and a stones throw from the best fresh fish on Friday at the bottom of Meath St.
    The bus service is excellent even if they do run in convoys but that's another days work.
    Further up, avoid at all costs Eugene Street or its environs at the present moment. It is cheap for a very good reason. Think the middle east on a bad day. Though that is in the middle of being sorted.
    This isn't paranoia or bad advice, I live on Cameron Street so I do know what I'm talking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

the nicer side of tallaght? (glenview,bancroft,castle lawns,balrothery,kilnamanagh,kingswood)

Advertisement