Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Blur announced for the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So thats the indie and metal headliners, just need the rock ones now. Id say Muse will be around, then hope for a surprise one....or Pearl Jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Not interested with Blur or Ramstein, or Muse if there announced, quite disapointed after last year, one of the best festivals I've been too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Green Day will be headlining the Main Stage of Belgium's Rock Werchter on the opening day of the festival which takes place next year from Thursday 4th to Sunday 7th July.

Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/12/121010b.shtml#S0DSzqbjZi4DVjXr.99

Didn't go for the full weekend last year myself. Looking to change that in 2013. The addition of a third stage last year was great. Long overdue imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Editors final headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

kings of leon just added

any1 ever been to this before?

Was there this year and last, fantastic festival.

Shame about the line up this year.

I see Depeche Mode were added also

Definitely will head over. Love Leuven so will stay there instead of camping. The free buses are great

• Advertisement

I have a question if anybody can help me. When booking my combiticket I wasn't given a PDF of my ticket to print out like previous years. I instead got something that I must bring to a box office. Does this sound normal to anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

People who've been before, if any, if it easy to get into the pit later in the evening? like lets say on the thursday, would it be possible to get into the pit for volbeat having been in the barn previously?

Any ideas when we might have one more line-up announcement?

Bands were added the other day, so will be a while.

Biffy Clyro, Bloc Party and Sigur Ros in the barn on the Thursday will be mega

Bloc party on 3rd stage??? Shocking. And sigur too. Biffy are small on continent but thought be bigger than that. Or else its second stage renamed.

Mushy wrote: »
    Bloc party on 3rd stage??? Shocking. And sigur too. Biffy are small on continent but thought be bigger than that. Or else its second stage renamed.

Yeah, it's certainly bigger than the marquee from what I remember last year

Oh well if its bigger then its understandable. Been 6 years since I went:-O

They put the barn where the marquee was and moved the marquee up a bit. I hope they don't go more than three stages in future. I always thought two was ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Line up shaping up nicely,decided to book tickets last night.hoping for addition of nick cave and/or QOTSA to round it off nicely.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    People who've been before, if any, if it easy to get into the pit later in the evening? like lets say on the thursday, would it be possible to get into the pit for volbeat having been in the barn previously?

Any ideas when we might have one more line-up announcement?
    Regards gettin to where you want to be to see any band,yep you should be alight without too much pushing and shoving.been few years since i was there but its a decent crowd,if you wanna get through,you will!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

gucci wrote: »
    Line up shaping up nicely,decided to book tickets last night.hoping for addition of nick cave and/or QOTSA to round it off nicely.

If they added QOTSA I would die of excitement. Blur and QOTSA. Phowar.

For those that have been there before. When does it usually sell out. Is there a date you'd consider yourself lucky to get tickets after??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gideon Graves

Thinking of going this year for this first time. Think I'll have to stay in Brussels tough but I was wondering will there be buses heading back after each day and if so when would the last one be leaving.

There'll be buses to Leuven afterwards. Don't think you will get one that late to Brussels though.

22 new names added to the line up, including Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and the National

BUMP

So is anyone going?!

I see they released a map of the site yesterday, looks similar to other years!

Less than a month to go! I have got the new national album, sounds pretty similar to their older stuff, but will be good to catch them live to see how they are.

Modest Mouse have cancelled their European tour,so they won't be at werchter.
    considering they were going to be on at 12 on Saturday,i probably wouldn't have been there anyway.
    replaced by the van jets on line up

I'm going, does anyone know can you purchase tents on site, or rent them?

I'm going, does anyone know can you purchase tents on site, or rent them?

Not readily available Pa, Last year there's so many different campsites they're only really equipped with showers and beer tents, and inside the venue it's beer, food and merchandise.

you may possibly find one around the village, but I'd suggest getting a big one here 2nd hand on adverts or donedeal between a few of ye and check it in one way. You can donate it to campsite afterwards.

Buy one in Leuven. People have done it in recent years

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    Buy one in Leuven. People have done it in recent years

Is it fair to assume you are flying into Brussells? Surely get one there either incase there would be a festival premium on equipment in Leuven. Could end up forking out an extra few beer tokens on a tent that it sounds like your not plannning on bringing home!

Advertisement