Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

So is anyone actually going :-) ??
    Watching Glastonbury over the weekend has really gotten me in the mood for this, especially some of the acts that i wasnt too familiar with ie Rudimental etc, so really looking forward to it now!

Heading over on Wednesday, weather looks like its gonna hold up nicely too. Bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Heading over from London on wednesday. Can't wait! Anyone know if there's much on in the evenings? Or is it a case of being sent back to the campsites as soon as the bands are finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Plenty of drinking to be done on the road back to the campsites anyway :)

Not heading over till thursday morning myself. Can't wait now to get that lovely Belgian beer into me.

its been a while since i was there,but its mostly just few groups hanging around drinking here and there after.not too many wild raves!
    to be fair some of the acts don't finish up til 2.30 so Im usually beat by then anyway!
    have you got the app/schedule?

any advice on a reasonable food budget per day?as i say its been 4or 5years since i was there

• Advertisement

how was it for everyone? it was amazing for me!weather and little or no hassle all weekend. good times
    really impressed by some of the up and coming acts like jake bugg

It was a good time. Sunday was a bit slow as only Depeche Mode interested me but overall I had a great time.

Yeah, everyone I've met found the Sunday lineup pretty poor compared to the other days. Any idea why that was?

Overall It was a really good festival anyway. Great lineup, weather, and there was a really good atmosphere. Only disappointment was that the food was pretty rubbish and expensive, and there wasn't a whole lot to do other than watch the bands.

Highlights for me were Blur, Phoenix, Azealia Banks, Frank Ocean and the Hives.

Have to agree on the food, the psychology of spending tokens mean you pay over the odds for some muck. One stall tried to get 5 tokens (12.50) for a noodle dish that was a glorified pot a noodle! Also think it was 2 tokens for a cornetto...5 Euro!! Having a laugh! We tended to take a break and head outside for some food when there was a lull in acts, it was reasonably better and better value for money there.

I think Sunday was the hottest day, and the weekend catches up on you so it was kind of natural that it was in a lull.

Really enjoyed Bloc Party and C2C were the highlight for me, so much energy! Dont really understand the massive draw with the Editors, maybe their dullness is what attracts the Belgians so much!!

The food was so pricey, I ran out of money by the Sunday, so I decided to try picking up empty bottles to get drinks vouchers, and god, do I regret not doing that earlier. You'd literally fill a bag in five minutes, there were so many lying around. Managed to get €30 worth of vouchers in less than an hour! And it was easy to exchange them with people at the bar for food vouchers.

Little tip if anyone's reading this thread ahead of next year's festival.

• Advertisement

Blisterman wrote: »
    The food was so pricey, I ran out of money by the Sunday, so I decided to try picking up empty bottles to get drinks vouchers, and god, do I regret not doing that earlier. You'd literally fill a bag in five minutes, there were so many lying around. Managed to get €30 worth of vouchers in less than an hour! And it was easy to exchange them with people at the bar for food vouchers.

Little tip if anyone's reading this thread ahead of next year's festival.
    haha good man.ended up doing the same on Sunday,like you say an instant win,think novelty had wore off most people by Sunday for recycling as there didn't seem to be any hold ups getting the tickets,where as Thursday there was actually congestion at the recycling points!
    i wonder what the place would look like if they didn't do the recycling?would be some crazy amount of cups discarded!would love to know how much beer they sold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Do they still only sell beer in 250ml cups? When I was there I had a 500ml camping cup that I'd just pull out and pour the 2x250ml beers straight into. The bar staff thought this was the best thing ever.

Yeah. 250ml is the norm. I was in Leuven on one of the days and got a large beer. A whopping 330ml :(. At least it is very tasty.

Advertisement