Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad (Safari) won't print to HP Printer

• 21-09-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭

I'm trying to set up the iPad 2 to print on our HP Deskjet 3050 J610 through our Belkin F5D9230-4 v5000 router.

I am in the process of looking at this page for the answer to no avail so far.

I am not particularly keen on going into the more in-depth steps with this as I thought the problem might be more simple. My reason for this is that the HP PrinterControl app is finding the printer and printing through it perfectly; however Safari cannot find it.

Is it an Airprint problem? My printer isn't listed in the list of compatible models on the above page but yet it can print from the HP PrinterControl app. I can't find out whether the router is Bonjour compatible, but surely it is if that app can print? Is it just a Safari problem?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I had the same problem and its because the J610 isn't eprint supported.

Which app are you using ? If its the older HP printer control app it won't work but I recently downloaded the new HP eprint app & safari now prints ok on the 610

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭frankled

Andip wrote: »
    I had the same problem and its because the J610 isn't eprint supported.

Which app are you using ? If its the older HP printer control app it won't work but I recently downloaded the new HP eprint app & safari now prints ok on the 610

The old app works, and I just tried the eprint app and that works too- in terms of finding the printer and printing something like a photo directly to it. But safari still won't find it. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

It's obviously a flaky issue as printer control just wouldn't work for me yet it works for you .... eprint works a treat from safari to my 610 - ill have a think today as I'm playing around with my network set up & if I think of anything ill let you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭frankled

Andip wrote: »
    It's obviously a flaky issue as printer control just wouldn't work for me yet it works for you .... eprint works a treat from safari to my 610 - ill have a think today as I'm playing around with my network set up & if I think of anything ill let you know

Cheers thanks a million.

Advertisement