Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to Install iOS6 Update

• 21-09-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭

Anyone got any ideas on my problem below? It's annoying me now that it won't work!

I've got an iPhone 3gs and I've downloaded iOS6 but it will not let me install the update. It starts the verifying process but after a minute or so it says 'Unable to Install Update. An error occurred installing iOS6.0'.

I have 1.9GB of space available and sufficient battery to do it so anyone got any ideas why it wont let me?

As an aside, and it may / may not be related to the above, I've deleted loads of apps, videos, pics, messages etc to clean it up before the update and to make sure there was enough space. However, when I physically add up the space used by the apps etc in the 'Usage' section it comes to approx 854MB but the phone says I've used 4.3GB. Are there other areas of the phone that may be using space that I'm unaware of? For example, when accessing my email, am I only accessing the emails on the Hotmail server or are the 50 emails (my default number) also held on the iphone?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 denni26492

Mines the exact same! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Make sure it is connected to power during the whole update.

Do a hard reset, start the update again while the phone is charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Do a 'Restore' via iTunes and it will update.

**Just make sure you have everything backed up first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You need 2.5GB of free space to install it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭Raoul

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Do a 'Restore' via iTunes and it will update.

**Just make sure you have everything backed up first.

This. Took me a few times to do it. Also had to set it up as a new ipad

• Advertisement
Advertisement