Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resistors

Options
  • 21-09-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭

i need a 3.3 ohm 0.6V resistor where can i get one i can get packs of twenty but i hate waste :)

3.3 ohm 0.6V resistor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

i need a 3.3 ohm 0.6V resistor where can i get one i can get packs of twenty but i hate waste :)

3.3 ohm 0.6V resistor

Maplin probably would have them. Im not sure where the 0.6v is coming from, maybe you meant 0.6w

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Maplin probably would have them. Im not sure where the 0.6v is coming from, maybe you meant 0.6w

typeo :rolleyes:

any where on line as i got them in maplin before and the gave me the wrong ones and its a long trip aswell

typeo :rolleyes:

any where on line as i got them in maplin before and the gave me the wrong ones and its a long trip aswell

I usually buy resistors from ebay these days. But you will be unlikely to be able to buy a single one, although they are far cheaper than maplin.

If you go to maplin again, the colour code for a 3.3 ohm resistor is orange-orange-gold for 3.3 ohms, so you could tell by that if it is the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

I'm sure if you went to your nearest 3rd level College's electronic department they'd give you one for free if you asked nicely! Even 2nd level school science departments would probably have a stock of them. Although if it is a 0.6 watt resistor you're after you may need to look further a field - the most common resistors are usually 0.25 W, or you could combine three standard 10 ohm resistors in parallel for a combined resistance of 3.33 ohm, with a power-handling capacity of 0.75 W.

Or just by a high power one from ebay!

• Advertisement

Yea 3 standard 10 ohm ones in parallel will work fine, and might be slightly easier to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

the most common resistors are usually 0.25

Op, if you're using this resister to by-pass an airbag (which I have a funny feeling that what you want it for), .25W would be fine to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Just break open an old stereo there if you have one and de-solder the correct resister and happy days. Come to think of it, i think i have a stash-bag of them somewhere around here. going to look now and stick them on ebay if i find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

zenno wrote: »
    Just break open an old stereo there if you have one and de-solder the correct resister and happy days....

Might have to be a very old stereo, nearly everything's surface mount these days,

Advertisement