If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Humax Freetime Pvr

Options
  • 21-09-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Have you any idea when the new humax box goes on sale. I'll be in the market for two of these and a 37" TV but don't want to hold off for very much longer

Regards

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

a clanger wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Have you any idea when the new humax box goes on sale. I'll be in the market for two of these and a 37" TV but don't want to hold off for very much longer

Regards

Hi Clanger.

At the moment I do not have a date for the Humax Freetime PVR :(
    I will check with our purchasing department tomorrow to see if theey can get me a date for them.

On the 37" screen do you have any preferences that you are after?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Have been looking at some of the LG models but It will come down to price budget or TV will be around £400. So open to suggestions. I believe the Humax is due for release this month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Clanger.

The TV to go for is the LG 37LS5600.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/37ls5600/lg-37ls5600

This is a 100hz LED with excellent picture and sound. It's also DLNA certified for streaming from a PC or other DLNA device. On top of this, the USB feature allows movies to be played back from a memory stick and it has 3 HDMI connections. It's also 1080p and runs on just 53 watts.

We are just waiting confirmation on the Freetime PVR, but will update you on this as and when we get a reply.

Delivery on the TV would be £14.99 and we do a 5 year at home warranty for just £39.95

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Clanger.

The Humax free time is due in very shortly.

The approx price is £279.95.

Seems like a great idea.

Thanks

Dave

Like the TV and sounds just about what I'm after although I see from another thread that you are out of stock. That might tie in with the new Humax box which I believe is imminent ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

I believe official launch date is 8th October for G2 Humax. I waiting to buy one also but will hold for the 1TB version which might be released a few weeks later. Launch model will be 500GB.

1TB version also rumoured to have Wi Fi connectivity as well as ethernet.

I believe official launch date is 8th October for G2 Humax. I waiting to buy one also but will hold for the 1TB version which might be released a few weeks later. Launch model will be 500GB.

1TB version also rumoured to have Wi Fi connectivity as well as ethernet.

I believe you must purchase a dongle (£25) to get wifi . Some of the reviews were moaning about this ..

Yes, you do need a dongle for the wifi access, but £25 isn't as expensive as the TV makers and I personally would hard wire any video product where possible as wireless streaming just isn't as fast or as reliable.

If the 1TB does have wireless on board then it is likely to be a fair bit more expensive otherwise the 500GB will get overlooked.

Haven't heard anything from them in relation to the 1TB so can't confirm the spec.

Cheers

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Cheers for that.

Our rep was keeping things from us then ! :(

It will be interesting to see what price it comes in at...and when.

If they have any sense it will be out before Christmas. Perfect time of year to utilise a product like that.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.