Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the changeover period for Eircom Broadband?

Options
  • 21-09-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I am in the process of transferring back to eircom and have received an e-mail to say that the calls have been transferred over and that broadband transfer will happen within 10 working days. Last night, my broadband went down and the internet light is on red. I presume this is due to changeover but I'm wondering how long before I'm up and running again?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

forestman wrote: »
    Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I am in the process of transferring back to eircom and have received an e-mail to say that the calls have been transferred over and that broadband transfer will happen within 10 working days. Last night, my broadband went down and the internet light is on red. I presume this is due to changeover but I'm wondering how long before I'm up and running again?

Thanks

Hi forestman

The broadband transfer can take up to 24 hours,I have checked your account and I can see that your broadband has now been transferred and completed today. You might need to reset your modem by following the below steps.

eircom Basic Modem Configuration /Setup

Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

Let me know how it goes,

Thanks
    Linda.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭forestman

Cheers Ant. Great news, I'll check that tonight. I had also requested a new modem, any word on that can you see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

forestman wrote: »
    Cheers Ant. Great news, I'll check that tonight. I had also requested a new modem, any word on that can you see?

Hi forestman

As the broadband transfer order has completed, I can see your modem has been requested also and should be delivered to you early next. In the meantime you should be able to access the internet using your existing modem with the eircom settings.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement