Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone for the elderly

Options
  • 21-09-2012 3:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

My father is 85, deaf in his left ear and half deaf in his right ear. I am looking for a simple mobile that has an extra loud speaker to put to his ear. Does such a thing exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Look for Doro mobile phones in the local post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fogra

Doro phones are what you're probably looking for. They're widely available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

+1 for Doro. Or if you wish have a look at all the different types of phone for the elderly on amazon.co.uk. Do a search on the site for the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

You should be able to get the DORO through 02 or Vodafone as well, if that suits you better. Also, Panasonic have a simple mobile KX-TU 301 EME Easy-use that has a few 'extras' that may or may not be useful - not sure who you could get it through - but you should carefully read through reviews for all the above on Amazon.co.uk to see how they'd best help your dad. I know someone who recently acquired a DORO (don't know the model no), she has a hearing aid, and she thinks it's great.

Advertisement