Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fireplaces for auction

Options
  • 21-09-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all, I've no idea where to put this thread but I need some advice on trying to sell around 16 fireplaces. Basically we have had them in storage since my husband passed away 3 years ago and I don't know the first thing about selling fireplaces in bulk. My husband had his own business manufacturing fireplaces and also dealt with antique fireplaces. So when he died he had many fireplaces still in his possession, including several antique fireplaces. So apologies if this thread is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where to ask!! Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dibi wrote: »
    Hi all, I've no idea where to put this thread but I need some advice on trying to sell around 16 fireplaces. Basically we have had them in storage since my husband passed away 3 years ago and I don't know the first thing about selling fireplaces in bulk. My husband had his own business manufacturing fireplaces and also dealt with antique fireplaces. So when he died he had many fireplaces still in his possession, including several antique fireplaces. So apologies if this thread is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where to ask!! Thanks!

Sorry for your loss.

Place an add on DoneDeal.ie for 5 euro or on Adverts.ie for free,and I rekon then will be sold fairly quick.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You will make more by seperating them and selling them individualy.

A dealer buying in bulk will want a massive discounted price. If you put them on adverts or done deal and only sold half youd be making a lot more.

Alternatively contact your kids nices/nephews. Get them to photo graph them and contact a builder and pay them commission for referals.

Advertisement