Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ENERGIA - MAJOR BILL - PHANTOM USAGE

Options
  • 21-09-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Got a recent bill from Energia for 800 uo from 400 the previous bill. This has happened before and the meters match, but the usage does not. Unless someone is breaking in, charging 4 cars overnight for a month and I don't know about it.

How is this possible, there is one person on the premises and it's a commercial premises, so a fridge is the most expensive item I can think of, a few p.c's etc... nothing major, but it's this 400 hike in this bill h that is pissing me off.

I can't NOT pay the bill, even though I know I am being charged in the wrong for something I couldn't possible use. Is it worth calling ESB out to check wires or have they a way of measuring drainage on power or something?

Thanks, Mal. :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Did you send in readings?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

lala88 wrote: »
    Did you send in readings?

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Business & Enterprise Management (as this is not a Consumer Issue)

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Something similar happened to my brotherwhen he lived in the UK. I am not sure of all the details but they started getting really huge bills for a whie. Then normal ones and then big again. They thought someone was interferring with there supply so rang the electricity company.

They were advised to shut down every down in the apartment. (Fridge, freezer,lights, sockets etc). Turn everything on one by one and watch the metre.

After about an hour and a half someone turned on the light in a walk in press in the hall. Metre started spinning. There was a fault with the light so it ate electricity.

They only ever used the room for fishing gear and often didn't go fishing for month hence sometimes the small bills.

Interesting, might check around sockets etc.. But 400 euro extra in a bill is unreal.

• Advertisement

Hm, just an update, I've been told by someone else that the electronic night meter is not working and that whatever power being used is going through the day meter. So when you look at the night meter in the morning, say around 11 a.m, (it is supposed to calculate from 12 -8 a.m) the units have NOT changed from the night before. So we have to contact esb to look at the meters and I wonder will the backdate and refund our overpayment, because aparently it's been going on a few months.

M

Advertisement