Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knowing Me Knowing You - The Video Series - Looking for people to interview

Options
  • 21-09-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

I mentioned this in the IRC last night but I'm putting it out here for everyone to read.

Basically I intend on doing what others have done before me and once again do another series of Knowing Me Knowing You posts for randomselect.ie ( the site desperately needs some new original content. ) However, what will make this series different from the others is the fact that I intend to do filmed interviews with the players.

I will be doing these interviews on the day of The Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Irish Qualifier at the Exchange. Of course, the tournaments themselves will come first on that day ( we have to go through 9 of them, after all! ) The interviews will short and simple ( much like the set up I'll be using. ) and will not take up too much of people's time. I will also conduct these interviews outside the Exchange as it would be too noisy inside ( just around the corner so that it's looking through the window. Of course, this is weather permitting. )

Anyway, the point of this post is that I'm looking for people who are willing to be interviewed on the day ahead of time. Of course, if anyone who isn't on this list approaches me on the day and wants to be interviewed, there shouldn't be a problem in that regard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sounds like a great idea Misty, I strongly approve of the pursuit of original video content in this manner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Just bumping this as I'm still looking for people who are willing to this.

I know I can ask people on Saturday but I wish to have a list of people I can go to first before I have to start nagging people! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've no problem doing one but I'm likely to be very busy and tearing my hair out on Saturday...

I've no problem doing one but I'm likely to be very busy and tearing my hair out on Saturday...

Don't worry Doom, if someone looks like they are busy or otherwise wouldn't be able to do one, I won't ask!

I'll probably ask you before things get too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You should interview Lythero first, so that your channel gets 1'000 subscribers instantly.

• Advertisement

I won't start uploading them till next week, Kiki and I probably won't go in order of when I recorded them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

My personal opinion on these sorts of interviews is that I generally hate it when I hear the interviewer ask questions. I don't what it is about it but I generally find it a lot more professional and interesting if the interviewee is responding to text questions that are overlayed onto screen - particularly when it's Irish accents involved. God I can't stand the sound of us most of the time.

This technique of course requires far more editing than just setting up a camera and recording though.

Just my opinion on the subject feel free to ignore me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Definitely agreed with Sairus, I think it's a lot better/more professional that way too.

Don't worry Doom, if someone looks like they are busy or otherwise wouldn't be able to do one, I won't ask!

I'll probably ask you before things get too busy.

A lot of people don't realise this but the absolute busiest part of the day for me is before and after the tournaments, I'm usually dealing with some failed piece of equipment or other or trying to get the gear packed away in record speed or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sairus wrote: »
    My personal opinion on these sorts of interviews is that I generally hate it when I hear the interviewer ask questions. I don't what it is about it but I generally find it a lot more professional and interesting if the interviewee is responding to text questions that are overlayed onto screen - particularly when it's Irish accents involved. God I can't stand the sound of us most of the time.

This technique of course requires far more editing than just setting up a camera and recording though.

Interview Sairus with a Japan Back drop

"Coming live from Japan"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Sairus wrote: »

So that's why you left?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Yeah, sure Misty. I'm up for it, provided its after the tournaments.

Actually, since I'd like to catch the 7:45 bus back to Donegal, would it be ok if you could do the interview after the AE tournament? I'll be in a hurry to get stuff packed after the tournaments are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Il do one after we get a few pints into ya Misty.

BTW Misty, Kiki wasn't being smart, every video I have of lythero gets a minimum of 1,000 views. Dude's the most internationally known Irish player from youtube's perspective. I'd say second is Ben2Gen and third is probably Stevo or Ladno.

If I was Nutrient I'd be doing a Justin Wong on it and portray myself as Lee's arch nemesis :D

Hello again. Sorry Misty for not being there on the day. I had some personal circumstances so I couldn't attend. Hope it all went well!

No worries, nothing got recorded anyway as I'd underestimated how busy the day would be. Just luck, I guess.

Advertisement