Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual tariff meter - Night reading unchanged

Options
  • 21-09-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

So, moved to an apartment at the end of July and the landlord contacted Electric Ireland with the agreed readings. All grand and I get a bill which I thought seemed slightly high so I wondered what the split between Day and Night was. However the bill showed zero units usage for 'Night' unit type. The tariff is 'Domestic - Nightsave'. I had a look at the meter (Siemens, the installation/warning card is dated 1995) a couple of days ago, there are two counters; Day and Night - the Night counter is unchanged from the moving in day. So, I'm wondering if I can have this clarified and rectified (assuming I haven't missed some detail on how my electricity is being metered). Is it yourselves or networks who would work on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi ciotog,

The Nightsaver hours come into effect from midnight until 9am the following morning (23.00 - 08.00 when the clocks change). Do you know if you have been using any electricity in these hours?

If you have, we would need to look at fixing or replacing the timeswitch for you. If you send us your account details via private message we can investigate this further.
    ciotog wrote:
    Is it yourselves or networks who would work on this?

While we would take care of billing adjustments (if any) and sending out a technician, the technician would actually be from ESB Networks (this would be the case if you were with any other supplier).

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Hi ciotog,

The Nightsaver hours come into effect from midnight until 9am the following morning (23.00 - 08.00 when the clocks change). Do you know if you have been using any electricity in these hours?

If you have, we would need to look at fixing or replacing the timeswitch for you. If you send us your account details via private message we can investigate this further.
    The immersion heater comes on overnight, the fridge is on, there's stuff on standby, charging and I'm often using my computer after midnight so there's a fair amount of usage in those hours. I'll send you my account number by PM - ta.

Advertisement