Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for a job with two subjects

• 21-09-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi

I am applying for a position that is looking for a teacher with two subjects (English and Geography). I have one subject (Geography). I am going to send in a cv but what do Principals think about this? Are you automatically thrown into the bin?

The contract is 21 hrs. Do they split jobs often? I know a school I was in last year for TP and they split 22 hrs into 11 each.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

It really depends....we had a job available last year and no one applied with the proper subject combination so eventually we got 2 people one doing each subject !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

yeah if there is a shortage of applicants then yes principals will consider dividing the hours
    it has happened to me this year - i put in for a jobshare even though i only had 1 of the 2 subjects advertised ... they split that between me and another applicant
    go for it, highlight your subject area and the fact you would like to be considered for the job ...
    good luck !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I called for interview this year when I only had one of the necessary subjects. So no herm throwing your name in. I didn't go to the interview but later met the person who got it and they only had one of the subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris68

I tried this once, pointed it out in my cover letter just to be sure. Got an invite for interview but then got a phone call a few days prior to the interview. The principal was irate (and pretty rude) and accused me of wasting her time and the interview panel's too. The invite to interview was withdrawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

We advertised for a two subject combo this year - got no applicants qualified in both. Principal wasted a whole day shortlisting over 100 applications to find that she couldn't shortlist, the job was advertised for one subject combo that was what the interview had to be for.

To say she that she was pissed off would be an understatement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭electoralshock

I threw the cv in the post today! I put in my cover what i am qualified to teach. I probably won't be shortlisted as English and Geography are a common combination. Suppose if you're not in you can't win!

Advertisement