Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It Net Email

Options
  • 21-09-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

As a former student I still regulary use my itnet email but recently it is no longer recieving any emails since the beginning of the week. Anyone else having the same problem? Any fix?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 NiThigim

My account works perfectly. You posted on 21th and while I normally get emails every day there were none on 20th and 21th. There has been mail every day since then though, today (28th) inclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

The problem is the system has been under regular attacks from botnet's trying to send E-Mail through composmised accounts.

When these are detected the accounts are disabled but it does lead a backlog of somewhere in the regon of 30-40 million E-Mails to be processed ( per attack ) and all bar 0.0001% will be deleted as spam.

This can take a little while to process as you can imagine. We are continually improving the detection rate for attacks etc. but the usual tricks do not work when the attacks are so distributed via the botnet's.

Advertisement