Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

great length hair extensions are they worth the money??

• 21-09-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

HI everyone,
    I am a lover of hair extensions and over the years i have had them in at different places. But i have never got the finished look that i am after. I want long curly/wavy extensions. I have seen ceira lambert in sandyford who does great length extenstions and they look amazing she has lots of pics of the celebs she has done and they look amazing. BUT they are very pricey starting €750 - €1200.Does anyone have any experience of having them done with her is it worth the money?
    I have had them in at hairspray twice before and never got the final result i was looking for you could see my shorter hair so they didnt look real and natural and i paid about €500 there.
    I have the micro beads in at the moment and they have half fallen out after 1 1/2 months so not impressed with them. And i have had no comfort with them trying to hide the bonds when i tie my hair up.

So should i pay the extra cash and try the great lengths? i would love to here from someone who has had them and know how long they last etc

hope to hear from some of you soon x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

pollly wrote: »
    HI everyone,
    I am a lover of hair extensions and over the years i have had them in at different places. But i have never got the finished look that i am after. I want long curly/wavy extensions. I have seen ceira lambert in sandyford who does great length extenstions and they look amazing she has lots of pics of the celebs she has done and they look amazing. BUT they are very pricey starting €750 - €1200.Does anyone have any experience of having them done with her is it worth the money?
    I have had them in at hairspray twice before and never got the final result i was looking for you could see my shorter hair so they didnt look real and natural and i paid about €500 there.
    I have the micro beads in at the moment and they have half fallen out after 1 1/2 months so not impressed with them. And i have had no comfort with them trying to hide the bonds when i tie my hair up.

So should i pay the extra cash and try the great lengths? i would love to here from someone who has had them and know how long they last etc

I have posted before about mine which I get done in Ebano Ballinteer. I pay €500 and I get approx five months out of them. This time I have lost maybe 10 or 15 out of 200 since I got them in three months ago.

I have got them five times in total. The colour match is perfect and everyone thinks they are my real hair. They are micro beads and I haven't seen any damage since I got them.

I don't tie my hair up much but there isn't a problem when you tie it in a pony tail. You can see the bonds in half up half down styles though.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Shauna16

They deffinately are worth the money! However I wouldn't go to Ceira lamberts, she charges celebrity prices! I pay 600 for a full head of great lengths in a place called the beauty parlour in Terenure. It's my second time having them, I got 5 months out of the first set and could have gotten longer.. I didn't lose a single bond either :) they're the only extensions I've had that really don't do any damage to your hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pollly

Hi shauna,
    That's great to know thank you. Who does your extensions I'll definitely check them out this week. Do you know if they are good at doing colour as well I am bleached blonde at the mo but want to change my colour and go a bit darker for winter it would prob be best to get it all done at the one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pollly

Hi thanks for you're reply I weary hair up a good lot of time so hate when you can see the bonds. But they sound good im not a big fan of the micro beads anymore but I'll check them out as well. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 enthralled1

pollly wrote: »
    HI everyone,

Hi, I have a full head of about 125 strands of the great lengths in. They are my first extensions and I love them. I had them done by Stephen in Davey Davey in drury st. He does my colour too so I trusted him. (I've no affiliation with them other than being a client & giving them my cash)

I honestly don't know about other salons & their service but the quality of hair is great and the colour is gorgeous. I've had very little shedding (only 2 strands) and had them in about 2 months.
    I was advised I could get 6 months out of them if I really mind them but I'm not sure how long they'll last.

If you love your hair it's worth it, if you're on a budget I've heard micro bead are good and a place called halo and hair have good hair. I've never had them in though. They cost from 200.

PM if you want anymore feedback over next while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 MonaDD

Enthralled1, how much were your Great Lengths at Davey Davey? I've heard grreat things about that place so would be really interested!
    Also, if anyone else knows other good salons to get Great Lengths in that don't charge the extortionate prices of Ceira Lamberts it would be great the hear about them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Has anybody got extensions in Halo in Swords? would like to try them out as the price seems quite good and I certainly couldn't afford the Ceira Lambert ones unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 enthralled1

MonaDD wrote: »
    Enthralled1, how much were your Great Lengths at Davey Davey? I've heard grreat things about that place so would be really interested!
    Also, if anyone else knows other good salons to get Great Lengths in that don't charge the extortionate prices of Ceira Lamberts it would be great the hear about them! :)

They were about 800, bought a brush and shampoo also & I don't know the exact breakdown of price, but it was around the 800 mark.
    I just got them out last week, my hair is in good condition after them.
    I actually really miss them but I cannot afford 800 right now to get them in again :(

Advertisement