Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kinda visa do I need to complete an open uni course in aus

Options
  • 21-09-2012 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I am considering doing a course through open uni in aus,most of the course I can do at home but 2 of the units are class based labs which require on site attendence in perth, these 2 units would take make 6 weeks to complete or I could make 2x3 week trips but I would prefer to get them both done and dusted in one trip, what kind of visa to I need for this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

For 6 weeks all you would need is a tourist visa which would cover you for 3 months.

I dunno why you would do an open university course with an Australian institution though. Is the course not available through Open Uni in the UK?.

The fees down here are crazy, I think its in the region of 1k per module. So a degree would be roughly 24k. Plus 2 trips to Perth, accommodation, time off work etc could cost around of 35k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Feelgood wrote: »
    For 6 weeks all you would need is a tourist visa which would cover you for 3 months.

Be careful though, you may be required to undergo a medical to get a tourist visa in this instance because of how long you need to study.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/976/obligations.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Feelgood wrote: »

I dunno why you would do an open university course with an Australian institution though. Is the course not available through Open Uni in the UK?.

The fees down here are crazy, I think its in the region of 1k per module. So a degree would be roughly 24k. Plus 2 trips to Perth, accommodation, time off work etc could cost around of 35k.

There are extra costs but they arent excessive as its an open learning course and no the course isnt in the uk, the total course costs 12k as oposed to 9-10k for an australian citizen and can be paid for per unit

Advertisement