Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am looking for suggestions....

Options
  • 21-09-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am currently looking to get a good cooling solution (upgrade) that will really bring down the temperature of my 2600k. Temp is perfect at stock 3.4ghz (3.8ghz speed step).

However after messing with the BCLK Freq, CPU voltage and speed step CPU ratios - i have found a seemingly stable OC at 4.5ghz with exception of thermal issues (i need to sort thermal issues to really test long term stability of the OC @ near full load). I currently have a stock cooler so that is useless for OC. I am looking for an air colling solution that can handle the 2600k @ 4.5ghz

Details - OC:

BCLK Freq: 104.5 (Mhz) - accurate
    CPU Voltage: 1.28 (V) - actual max of voltage detected while under load at OC value is 1.32 (V)

CPU Speed Step Ratio of 44.0 = 4532Mhz
    when in OC ram operates at: 1672mhz (stock of 1600mhz) - OC the ram isnt a primary concern to be honest

This my first real attempt at finding a long term stable OC of this magnatitude so the above figures are open to suggestion as well :)
    System Specs:

i7 2600k
    8gb DDR3 cosair vengence 1600mhz ram
    MOBO: asus p8p67 evo
    asus gtx 560 ti
    intel 330 180gb ssd
    620 watt antec psu
    Plus a few extra HDD's, wifi cards and DVB-T and S2 cards

My apologies if i have posted this in the wrong section btw - just realised

Comments

Advertisement