Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewing Sugar in Dublin

Options
  • 21-09-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I was planning on making a new batch tomorrow but I've just realised that I dont have enough sugar! Can you get brewing sugar/dextrose in any super markets? I know Next Door sell them but I've no car this weekend so I wont be able to get to them!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

engrish? wrote: »
    I was planning on making a new batch tomorrow but I've just realised that I dont have enough sugar! Can you get brewing sugar/dextrose in any super markets? I know Next Door sell them but I've no car this weekend so I wont be able to get to them!

Thanks

Appologies - I should have searched first. I found this post "
    Brewing sugar is dextrose monohydrate also known as glucose. This is readily available in tesco, usually near baking and sugar."

Will head down in the morn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Thanks

Appologies - I should have searched first. I found this post "
    Brewing sugar is dextrose monohydrate also known as glucose. This is readily available in tesco, usually near baking and sugar."

Will head down in the morn.

Ordnary table works the same and will be cheaper,the yeast don't really care :)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

oblivious wrote: »

Ended up using 2kg of Caster sugar! I was having another go at the ginger beer so I figured the caster sugar might fit it well - heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

oblivious wrote: »

Is table sugar only ok for priming? Didn't think it was recommended for brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

fobster wrote: »
    Is table sugar only ok for priming? Didn't think it was recommended for brewing.
    Yes, it's fine.

What I do is put the sugar and water into a pyrex jug and microwave it until it boils, and then add that to bottling bucket before adding the beer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement