Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic today

Options
  • 21-09-2012 6:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know why the vehicle traffic was bedlam today?
    The BnaT was backed up westbound from around 2pm to about 6pm and eastbound from 4pm-ish
    Newcastle, Terryland etc all blocked up.
    There are no significant roadworks & nothing major happening, t'was reminiscent of race week circa 2005.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

snubbleste wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the vehicle traffic was bedlam today?
    The BnaT was backed up westbound from around 2pm to about 6pm and eastbound from 4pm-ish
    Newcastle, Terryland etc all blocked up.
    There are no significant roadworks & nothing major happening, t'was reminiscent of race week circa 2005.

2 sets of roadworks within 100 yrds of each other in lower Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

same thing on the sandyroad all the way to the huntsman. walked alot of that way, no reason apart from everyone wanting to go home at the same time and also alot of people to lazy to walk around galway. i dont understand why people choice a car in heavy traffic to go to the shop on a nice sunny day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

swiftman wrote: »
    same thing on the sandyroad all the way to the huntsman. walked alot of that way, no reason apart from everyone wanting to go home at the same time and also alot of people to lazy to walk around galway. i dont understand why people choice a car in heavy traffic to go to the shop on a nice sunny day
    Well not everyone can really walk to where they want to go to, I was going from Bushypark to Oranmore, nearly took me an hour. We really need that bypass, I had no reason to be anywhere near the city but I was forced to be as you need to get over that feckin bridge....

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

yer man! wrote: »
    Well not everyone can really walk to where they want to go to, I was going from Bushypark to Oranmore, nearly took me an hour. We really need that bypass, I had no reason to be anywhere near the city but I was forced to be as you need to get over that feckin bridge....

i didnt mean everyone but there is ALOT of cars going out for less than a mile journey in this traffic. busses need to be made cheaper also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I drove in from lettermore tonight round half 8 I landed in town, and there were a lot of cars on the road. My dad said the same when I met him and he drove through town round half 4. Like more so then usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Reddish_Ninja

Add to that all the thicks that can't drive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Just as simple as everyone wanted to go somewhere at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

swiftman wrote: »
    i didnt mean everyone but there is ALOT of cars going out for less than a mile journey in this traffic. busses need to be made cheaper also.

Or taking the car needs to be more expensive.

Or both.

OH drove into the city today, partly on the basis that with kids in tow it works out cheaper than the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Or taking the car needs to be more expensive.

Isn't that just what we need. :confused: You could be a great replacement for Leo Varadkar.

What do you propose for people who aren't serviced by public transport, or anyone else for whom travel without a car is unfeasable or impossible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Fey! wrote: »
    What do you propose for people who aren't serviced by public transport?

Public transport services.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Public transport services.

Then they'd have to sit on the bus with **** like you!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wow, didn't take long before this thread was killed.
    You know that every time this happens it's another nail in the coffin for traffic discussion in this forum altogether.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement