Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QPR (Home)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

SuprSi wrote: »
    Wooo!!! 2 - 1 Defoe, great counter-attack!!

The way we had been playing I was sure they would clear the line.
    Better stuff this half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

In AVB we trust... Until QPR equalise in the 94th minute that is :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Jan is an animal! Great defender

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Miguel Delaney tweeted just before the equaliser that Spurs were
    a shapeless mess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Verts with a certain goal saving tackle - brilliant stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

dempsey needs to be told that he is in a team and not out there on his own.

he shoots from everywhere and from ridiculous positions.

whatever about winning, we are being played off the park at home by qpr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

the only good thing about todays performance is that brad had yet another very good game and we found out that verts can play anywhere basically. He was excellent when moved to left back and was great going forward

However the positives end there. Disjointed / lethargic / messy / performance. Totally outplayed at home by a poor team. We are going to get absolutely battered next week at old trafford. Im not exagerating when i say that united could put 5 past us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Only got the last 15 minutes of this. Delighted with the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

The only positive is the 3 points.

3 very poor home league performances now. When I saw Hudd come on for Dempsey I was thinking oh no here we go again. Delighted with the win but am still very unimpressed with the whole thing, its not exciting me. Onto Old Trafford we go in hope more than expectation.

mickman wrote: »
    the only good thing about todays performance is that brad had yet another very good game and we found out that verts can play anywhere basically. He was excellent when moved to left back and was great going forward

However the positives end there. Disjointed / lethargic / messy / performance. Totally outplayed at home by a poor team. We are going to get absolutely battered next week at old trafford. Im not exagerating when i say that united could put 5 past us

I can't disagree with this tbh. We got the win, though as the commentator said towards the end if QPR got the equaliser nobody could begrudge them. We were shocking in the 1st half, better in the 2nd though there were lots of things to worry about. How much space were QPR allowed in their own half? On 88 minutes they had a goal kick and were allowed to walk the ball all the way to the centre circle without anyone tackling them - what's that about?

To be fair, QPR were very good and really passed the ball well. I reckon they'll do quite well this season. Not sure what to make of Spurs though, and why this performance was so inept compared to Reading & Lazio? Utd could well put a good few goals past us but hopefully we'll tighten up a lot more and the players will improve. Both will have to happen or we'll be in trouble.

And to finish, Vertonghen looks like a real player. The guys is just class - a great defender, brilliant with the ball at his feet and can really assist attacking-wise. Our best purchase since VDV & Modric IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

It's all about getting those vital 3 pts, the performances will come in time.
    Once we get a couple of the injuries back, and have a stronger bench, we'll be fine. Like I said, average performance and 3pts, I'll take that every week. COYS

KingdomYid wrote: »
    The only positive is the 3 points.

3 very poor home league performances now. When I saw Hudd come on for Dempsey I was thinking oh no here we go again. Delighted with the win but am still very unimpressed with the whole thing, its not exciting me. Onto Old Trafford we go in hope more than expectation.

Haven't won there in donkeys years so nothing expected of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

gar wrote: »
    Jan is an animal! Great defender
    What a class player he is,Walker had his best game so far today.Defoe could have had a hat trick.

Surly AVB should get some credit for the half time changes,they worked and we played better 2nd half.

tippspur wrote: »
    Surly AVB should get some credit for the half time changes,they worked and we played better 2nd half.

Depends on whether it's Ed or someone else doing the crediting! :D

But seriously, he tried a formation that didn't work and changed it. Once the change was made we looked much better and he deserves credit for making the change, even if it was obvious to everyone that it was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

great win,PG performances will improve,riduculous to be going into the corner with 4mins left we are better than that.need ade and kaboul back to put pressure on players playing,see how Brad is playing as a result of this,take a draw at OT with both hands,could have won game by 3 or 4.vertongen a v.good signing,Defoe needs to pass as well as dempsey..team game.looking forward to Villa game

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Here Precious

Maybe now Saab Ed you will start to show our manager some respect.

In AVB we trust

Get in there.

COYS

ps he plays he scores.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Haven't won there in donkeys years so nothing expected of us.

Yes you are right there mate, maybe better to be going there expecting to get whipped :D

spursman11 wrote: »
    riduculous to be going into the corner with 4mins left we are better than that.

Yes that pissed me off a bit too, not the Tottenham way at home.

Yes that pissed me off a bit too, not the Tottenham way at home.

fully agree but when you have just conceded 2 late goals in your last 2 home league games, I'd be telling them to do the same. Close the game out means going to the corner flag, not whipping a hopeful ball in and risking getting hit on the break.

• Advertisement

Spot on,we got caught out before playing it around and conceded a late goal,better to play safe imo.

Spot on,we got caught out before playing it around and conceded a late goal,better to play safe imo.

Yeah I can see the logic in it now, at the time was not happy though. It is natural for us Spurs fans to expect the team to keep going for goal, always has been :). As has been mentioned earlier Jan is a great player and switching him to LB and pushing Bale forward made a big difference, hopefully AVB will do this at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

1st time in almost 2 years we've come from a goal down to win!

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    1st time in almost 2 years we've come from a goal down to win!

Wow it could not be that long surely. Were we not 1-0 down away to West Brom last season before we won 3-1?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wow it could not be that long surely. Were we not 1-0 down away to West Brom last season before we won 3-1?

Yeah I think you are right, Duncan Castles had it on twitter earlier but he was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Maybe now Saab Ed you will start to show our manager some respect.

You having me on! After the tea lady , the ball boy and the fcuking dogs in the street explained the bloody obvious to him at half time. You're having a laugh ain't ya !

Yet again we got lucky, nothing else. Home to QPR and the way we played.... well you celebrate that if you want.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    You having me on! After the tea lady , the ball boy and the fcuking dogs in the street explained the bloody obvious to him at half time. You're having a laugh ain't ya !

Yet again we got lucky, nothing else. Home to QPR and the way we played.... well you celebrate that if you want.

No matter what he does you'll never be happy. He's here to stay though.

In AVB we trust

Let's hope that next week the players tell Raymond Domenech, sorry I ment AVB, that they are picking the team and he only needs to continue acting like the mildly retarded kid who talks to himself waiting at a bus stop while they get on with setting up the team.

Attack and we win, set the team up properly and we win. We're at home you morron. With every passing week I hope more and more that the penny drops with the blind loyalists, the guy is a clown. We're not getting any better folks. Do we really need a few embarrassing thrashings before that's admitted!

In AVB we trust

That's just being stubborn now and that's blind. I think I'll just nickname you Juande from now on. I'm sure you wanted to give him time to settle too.

• Advertisement

Let's hope that next week the players tell Raymond Domenech, sorry I ment AVB, that they are picking the team and he only needs to continue acting like the mildly retarded kid who talks to himself waiting at a bus stop while they get on with setting up the team.

Attack and we win, set the team up properly and we win. We're at home you morron. With every passing week I hope more and more that the penny drops with the blind loyalists, the guy is a clown. We're not getting any better folks. Do we really need a few embarrassing thrashings before that's admitted!

You an arsenal fan in here for the wind up?

Advertisement