Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QPR (Home)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Let's hope that next week the players tell Raymond Domenech, sorry I ment AVB, that they are picking the team and he only needs to continue acting like the mildly retarded kid who talks to himself waiting at a bus stop while they get on with setting up the team.

Attack and we win, set the team up properly and we win. We're at home you morron. With every passing week I hope more and more that the penny drops with the blind loyalists, the guy is a clown. We're not getting any better folks. Do we really need a few embarrassing thrashings before that's admitted!

You an arsenal fan in here for the wind up?

You know what, you're right, your points are good. They played excellent today. They've been steadily improving every match now. Only a true fan could see that. We should probably give the manager atleast 3 years to get it right because in fairness, given his past history in England and our already upward curve, that's how long you need. Go AVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Brutal first half, improved in the 2nd half. It’s early in the season, three points and we move up the table. Jan is incredible to watch, making of a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Delighted with the win.
    I think we are doing well and I don't mind playing it into the corner if we had done that in the previous two home games we would be on 12 points.

I think it's coming together but Ade will add a bit more up front he's more able to bring Lennon and Bale into the game.

Caulker and Jan could make an amazing partnership Gallas is probably unfortunate to be in this position where he's just gotten a bit too old he has a great attitude but I don't think he has the legs or physical presence that Caulker has and we need to play him so he can learn Gallas' positional sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Positives are:
    • Home win, thats that monkey off our back.
    • Coming back from 1-0 down which we dont do very often
    • Up to 8th in table
    • Jan is a beast
    In a weird way I wish Defoe would stop scoring (not really, but you know what I mean), we need Ade or Dempsey up front and as long as Defoe keeps scoring he wont be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Let's hope that next week the players tell Raymond Domenech, sorry I ment AVB, that they are picking the team and he only needs to continue acting like the mildly retarded kid who talks to himself waiting at a bus stop while they get on with setting up the team.

Attack and we win, set the team up properly and we win. We're at home you morron. With every passing week I hope more and more that the penny drops with the blind loyalists, the guy is a clown. We're not getting any better folks. Do we really need a few embarrassing thrashings before that's admitted!

Saab Ed, I have no problem with you giving your opinion, we are all entitled to that, whether some people think someone elses is garbage or not, but keep on making references to 'mildly retarded kids', calling people morrons or clowns, and you can kindly take your opinion elsewhere.

As I said, post what you like, but less of the name calling and vile references.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

AVB says about his half time pep talk

"“It was very, very calm at half-time,” the Portuguese said"

Doesnt sound like much of a motivational speaker to be honest.

Delighted with the win.
    I think we are doing well and I don't mind playing it into the corner if we had done that in the previous two home games we would be on 12 points.

I think it's coming together but Ade will add a bit more up front he's more able to bring Lennon and Bale into the game.

Caulker and Jan could make an amazing partnership Gallas is probably unfortunate to be in this position where he's just gotten a bit too old he has a great attitude but I don't think he has the legs or physical presence that Caulker has and we need to play him so he can learn Gallas' positional sense.

Those two seem like the dream partnership. Caulker offers a lot in an attacking sense too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

We played poorly and won. On Thursday we played well and only got a point, that's football.

Our main issue is the lack of a number nine. With only Defoe up front we give possession back to the other team and don't bring the wingers in to the game. When Adebayor is back we'll see better team performances, though we need another number nine for when he's not playing.

We played poorly and won. On Thursday we played well and only got a point, that's football.

Our main issue is the lack of a number nine. With only Defoe up front we give possession back to the other team and don't bring the wingers in to the game. When Adebayor is back we'll see better team performances, though we need another number nine for when he's not playing.

Fully agree, he should make a big difference when he's fit. But your right, another striker is needed, but the chances of us getting a top one in Jan are probably slim, the summer was the time to spend the cash on the likes of Damiao.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We played bad, and got 3 points. If this was Utd, City or Chelsea, we'd be saying that's the mark of a great team. Now i'm not saying we are a great team, far from it. But we won, and that's whats important. I didn't like the super defending right at the end either, but i can understand why AVB did it. Really just needed to hold onto the lead, and get the 3 points. Losing it at the end would have been a disaster.

Bale has been really poor this season, and neither Siggy or Dempsey have slotted well into the behind the striker too well. Hopefully they will do better in coming games. Jan is a legend, and impresses me more and more with each game. Great seeing him moving out of defense, and being so vocal with the other players.
    mickman wrote: »
    Doesnt sound like much of a motivational speaker to be honest.

You don't need to shout at players to get them motivated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

King + Kaboul
    Parker + Modric
    VDV + Adebayor

That is the complete spine of Harry's team, and for various reasons it has been unavailable to AVB. Just take a minute to think about that before criticising a manager who is also trying to install a new system to his team.

Look at our bench yesterday and think of how refreshing it is not to hear about "bare bones"

United away will be our first test against a top side, where we are big underdogs. I'd wager that we'll go there with a plan and we won't roll over like we have done for the last 20-odd years.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    King + Kaboul
    Parker + Modric
    VDV + Adebayor

Good point, all 6 not playing any part this season for one reason or another, but this means nothing to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

only seen the highlights just there.

honestly the first half was terrible. second half was well better but im sick of us conceding goals for scrappy set pieces. it seems all our goals conceded are from half cleared chances. we just cant seem to get the ball away and if it wasnt for friedal it could have been game over at half time.

hats off to avb for his changes at half time too. really changed the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Still not convinced by AVB just yet, glad we got the win. Hopefully we can continue on winning. Some positives, some negatives, hopefully we can start playing a bit better as well as winning. Take away those dropped points at home and its a super start.
    Utd away will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Still not convinced by AVB just yet, glad we got the win. Hopefully we can continue on winning. Some positives, some negatives, hopefully we can start playing a bit better as well as winning. Take away those dropped points at home and its a super start.
    Utd away will be interesting.

Anything better than a 3-0 defeat to united and I'll be happy. Is that wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Didn't get to see the match myself but fantasy football gave Bale a bonus point again this week. None of the match reports I've read make any mention of him having a good game, only that he was moved out to the wing in the second half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

gar wrote: »
    Anything better than a 3-0 defeat to united and I'll be happy. Is that wrong?

Yes, i think AVB will have targeted this game from day one, i have a feeling he has something up his sleeve.

Yes, i think AVB will have targeted this game from day one, i have a feeling he has something up his sleeve.

a magic wand :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Hatch99 wrote: »

a magic wand :o

Expecto Patronum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Those two seem like the dream partnership. Caulker offers a lot in an attacking sense too.
    Caulker headers in defense will need to improve put us under pressure at times,his header gave us the 1st goal,alot of playes to come back,pressure for places and you will always get the best out of the ones on the pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Utd didn't play very well at the weekend either,I think we have a much better midfield than them.who knows,we live in hope of the impossible happening.

tippspur wrote: »
    Utd didn't play very well at the weekend either,I think we have a much better midfield than them.who knows,we live in hope of the impossible happening.

Every year all Tottenham supporters say the same thing. Utd were going through a sticky patch last year but still managed the win.

I’m already notching this down as a loss. The only way to play against Utd is to attack from the first whistle to the last. Really need Dembele to put in an all star performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Best we will probably do is a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

A draw would be lovely, I'm already putting this one down as a loss, I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Only saw the highlights last night, very poor in the first half but happy enough that AVB saw the problem, made the change and we got back in the game. We had twice as many chances as they did. The boy Granero looks good. I'll take an ugly win, for now.

Whats the story with Adebayor? We could do with him in the side...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Every year all Tottenham supporters say the same thing. Utd were going through a sticky patch last year but still managed the win.

I’m already notching this down as a loss. The only way to play against Utd is to attack from the first whistle to the last. Really need Dembele to put in an all star performance.

I do the same every year, somehow think we will win.- United are not playing well, we look good, they have a few injuries etc. And we always lose.

but ...... Dembele played at OT already this season for Fulham and was Man of the Match. If we can stop making mistakes and go with the team that started the second half v QPR, we may have a chance.
    There I go I did it again - thinking we will get something out a trip to Old Trafford.
    The glass is half full. COYS.

It’s disheartening, I was in Australia when we lost 5-3. Listening to it on the radio at god knows what hour in the morning drinking cheap hooch with a Utd supporter. I was jumping off the walls when we went 3-0 up. You just knew Utd were going to come out in the 2nd half all guns blazing.

But having to listen to it on the wireless was a tough experience, how we just crumbled. It was wave after wave of attack. For many years anytime those goals were being shown I’d walk out of the room or shut my eyes. Ever since then I just take it as three points gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Referee: Chris Foy:eek::eek::eek:

Hope he brought his bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It’s disheartening, I was in Australia when we lost 5-3. Listening to it on the radio at god knows what hour in the morning drinking cheap hooch with a Utd supporter. I was jumping off the walls when we went 3-0 up. You just knew Utd were going to come out in the 2nd half all guns blazing.

But having to listen to it on the wireless was a tough experience, how we just crumbled. It was wave after wave of attack. For many years anytime those goals were being shown I’d walk out of the room or shut my eyes. Ever since then I just take it as three points gone.

I'll see your story and raise you another one.

That same game was the day of my wedding.
    After the church ceremony/photo's yada yada we (all my closest freinds and family) where in the hotel lounge/bar watching the game as we waited to be called into the function room for the meal/speeches and what have you.

We watched the whole of the 1st half (3-nil up). Of course been in the company of so many United fans I has only too happy to express my pleasure at the the score line - after all it was my wedding day and we were 3 up!! Surely life couldnt get any better! During the half time break we got called into the function room for dinner.

The next 45 mins should have been a cherished memory but instead of enjoying my wedding meal at the top table with my new bride I instead had to sit there and suffer as I looked down upon the function room floor and saw the united fans glued to their phones celebrating goal after goal in their comeback. By the time the speeches came around the united fans in the room where up and dancing around the floor in celebration. The bas****.

I spent most of the speeches with my head in my hands.. some of that was because of the best mans speech and the grilling I got in that but most of it was is despair at been a loyal tottenham fan.

"Tottenham Hotspurs ruined my wedding". Out now in paperback, online and in all good book sellers.

• Advertisement

Don't think that'll be topped 2nd Row.

Advertisement