Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone or Three - Best network for iphone?

Options
  • 21-09-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi. I've been with Vodafone prepay for years but am eyeing the new iphone 5 and Three's billpay deals seem to be a lot better value than anything Vodafone has.

Has anyone recently changed from Vodafone to Three or vice versa and can tell me how they compare on coverage, service etc?

There seems to be a lot of complaints about Three on boards and I don't want to get locked into a contract with a crappy service. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

If I were going for an iPhone 5, I'd go sim-free. Otherwise, you could end up stuck on a 24 month contract with a poor data connection (where you live or where you could end up moving to down the line - 2 years is a long time and noone knows where they'll be that long down the line).

The iPhone 5 on Three is €139 on the €40.66 per month plan and it's €579 sim-free. You could go for 48 months €20 plan with all calls, all texts and 3GB internet. The saving of €20.66 per month adds up to €495 over the 2 years and you have the flexibility of being able to switch networks at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Or go 3 prepay, €20 gets free data, free texts, free 3 to 3 calls and free any network weekend calls

Advertisement