Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend p.c builder galway city

Options
  • 21-09-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Am wondering if anyone can recommend a p.c builder in galway city, i need to get a ram upgrade in my desktop, fix a driver issue and tweak the p.c for music production. Have tried leaving it in to a shop near eyre square where they kept it for 5 weeks, did nothing to it, and then when i finally lost my patience andwent in to collect it they appeared to beworking on it, saying it was a very complex job that would take a long time!! Needless to say i walked out with it under my arm there and then.
    feel free to pm
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

5 weeks? holy cow. did you get your money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueskys

The 'repair' guy knew he was wrong and knew he was caught
    bul****ting me about it being a tricky job etc...he just disappeared out the
    back of the shop leaving me with a young guy at reception who had just started
    the day before, who didnt know what to say, and couldnt really ask for money after i told him the story. P.C ****shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

That's bullsh17 doing that.. I'd advise you to do it yourself. Ram upgrade is as simple as adding extra sticks or replacing sticks with bigger ones..crucial have a ram selector tool google it to find out what kind of ram will Be compatible with the PC.. If you have free ram slots just add more ram in these if not take the old and install the new.. For drivers just go to the website of the decide and search for drivers and for optimisation or whatever there'll be tonnes of tutorials if you google it... Save ya money and gain you knowledge..

Ok cheers will give it a go, was wondering how to go about the ram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

What operating system are you using? How much ram is in your pc at the moment?

• Advertisement

Using windows 7, 4gb of ram..i know i should be getting better results than i am.
    I am using cubase 5 software but its very slow and glitchy at the moment. Would it be quicker if i put all my project files on an external drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

blueskys wrote: »
    Using windows 7, 4gb of ram..i know i should be getting better results than i am.
    I am using cubase 5 software but its very slow and glitchy at the moment. Would it be quicker if i put all my project files on an external drive?

If the rest of your pc is slow adding more ram won't help, do you know what cpu you have? External drive won't make a difference.

Advertisement