Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This bloody milkman

• 21-09-2012 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

About six weeks ago now, this bloke came round the house, said he was starting a milkman service, asking if I was interested. His prices were even more of a rip off than centra, so I politely declined, as is the way.

Skip forward to about 2 weeks ago, knock on the door. Its some 11 year old girl, with a waiting car, giving me a bill 'for the milk' I told her we hadn't signed up for the milkman service, she gave me the bill anyway. At the time, that was 39 euro. We hadn't asked for milk, or got any, so I assumed it'd just go away. Wrong. This girl has been every day, and the bills gone up, every day. Absolute nonsense. Bout 20 minutes ago, the bloke in question turned up, rang the bell about 7 times, hammered on the window, banged the letterbox. Didn't leave for about 20 minutes

What do I do about this AH?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I think we both know murder is your only option at this stage op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

cloud493 wrote: »
    About six weeks ago now, this bloke came round the house, said he was starting a milkman service, asking if I was interested. His prices were even more of a rip off than centra, so I politely declined, as is the way.

Skip forward to about 2 weeks ago, knock on the door. Its some 11 year old girl, with a waiting car, giving me a bill 'for the milk' I told her we hadn't signed up for the milkman service, she gave me the bill anyway. At the time, that was 39 euro. We hadn't asked for milk, or got any, so I assumed it'd just go away. Wrong. This girl has been every day, and the bills gone up, every day. Absolute nonsense. Bout 20 minutes ago, the bloke in question turned up, rang the bell about 7 times, hammered on the window, banged the letterbox. Didn't leave for about 20 minutes

Don't take the bill, tell him to stick it up his arse and get off your property!

If he refuses ring the gardai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I can see this getting very messy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Did he have a big mustache ? Where was your missis while you were being distracted like this ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Milkmen do it on your doorstep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

That's harassment so it's Garda issue now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thats no way to be talking about your da, op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Jasus, the RIRA are stooping lower and lower.:eek: I did hear they were creaming it for years but this is the tops. You have to admire his bottle though, crate idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Answer the door and tell him to feck off, or call the local Gardai

No one should make you feel like a prisoner in your own home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Has your wife anything to say about this, my best guess is that your other half has been getting a daily delivery behind your back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

He doesn't want to talk to you

He's after your wife!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'd like to iterate, I was very clear about not wanting milk. His prices were outrageous, so I just said 'no thanks mate, not looking for milk or anything' closed the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

I think it's time to get LACTOSE INTOLERANT Op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

What a dickhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

twoo pints, two pints,
    two pints of milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

It's simple.........kill the milkman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

You really should pay the viper.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Don't rush into things: you don't want to unnecessarily sour your relationship with a potentially successful local businessman. Let some posters float some ideas before you act.
    If this guy does turn out to be a bit dodgy (and he probably will) then don't worry: the cream always rises to the top.
    And if you do end up with a big bill, don't let your anger boil. Develop a thick skin, don't get too hung up on it: there's no use crying over spilt milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Does he sell UHT milk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Is he a careful man................ A very careful man :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

what would Pat Mustard do?

it could also be the new way the RIRA collect protection money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jake the dog

Find out who he is distributing for, e.g. Avonmore, Premier etc, I'm sure an angry call to the supplier will put him straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Ah can see you madam.
    Ah can see you on your internets.
    Ah am outside your house madame.

Mah name is Augustus Kwembe, you must pay the monies so we can provide you the milk madame.

Please type for me your sort code number so I can return the milks to you madame. Ah am a legitimate milkman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Call the Guards and get even more frustrated when they inevitably say 'there's nothing we can do.'

You'll have to deal with it yourself, I'm afraid.

I think its avenmore. He's never actually given us any milk, yet his bill is now up to 57.40. Absolute madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Answer the door and tell him to feck off, or call the local Gardai

No one should make you feel like a prisoner in your own home.

100% Agree.

Op, this guy is going to call around again.
    You got to open the door and tell him whats what. You didnt get any milk. If he gets abusive? ... tell him to fuck right off!

A person shouldnt take any crap in life... but of course, we sometimes have to with jobs or what not. But never, ever, under any circumstances take crap off some dickhead at your door, on your property. Let alone for a dickhead who is trying to get you to cough up for something you didnt even ask for or recieve.

usually I would sign some form of contract if I wanted delivery of something like milk.get his car reg and report him to the guards.

I would open the door and deal with with calmly. maybe he made a genuine mistake and got the wrong house. I have not seen a milk man in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

He called to my house too I took his Reg and put it into Cartell
    CI 15.. Its registered to Craggy Island Creamery

• Advertisement

have you any cats that could be robbing the milk off of the doorstep before you get out of bed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Video camera - make sure to get his face and car reg on your video.

Youtube - sorted.

Where To wrote: »

a favourite childrens song, but I did not quite get the lyrics at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Skip forward to about 2 weeks ago, knock on the door. Its some 11 year old girl, with a waiting car, giving me a bill 'for the milk' I told her we hadn't signed up for the milkman service, she gave me the bill anyway.
    why didn't you walk out to the waiting car and ask the driver whats the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Post about it on a web forum!

I assumed it was just a mistake, he'd realize when he looked at his bill, no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Haha

What did you do, hide underneath the window? Why didn't you answer the door and say we don't get your milk from him? I'm sure he has it written down who gets milk. OP did you use it and think he wouldn't notice? Is your address on the receipt? Why even take it off the little girl?

He'll keep adding on and on if you're not upfront with him. Them milk rounds used to be worth a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Does he sell UHT milk?
    Nah...there's no demand for that 'cause its sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

That wasn't milk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Beast of Bodmin

HOLY CRAP BALLS, ITS THE MILK MAFIA.

have you any cats that could be robbing the milk off of the doorstep before you get out of bed?

or students, though you normally consent to a milk delivery before they deliver.

There is a guy in our area who sells fruit and veg door to door but with supermarkets everywhere I do not know how he does any business.

the travellers are still selling their carpets.

• Advertisement

I had a similar problem lately, some guy claiming he was from the council called to the door claiming I owed him some tax for me house, first of all it was €100, then the cn ut came back claiming I owed him interest as well, I told him I owned me house and to do one before I called the garda, he said the garda would do nothing and that I would have to pay. You have to stand up to these cn uts, open the door and tell this "milkman" that one, you didn't ask for milk, two, you didn't get milk and three that if he doesn't get stop calling around that you will end him.

OP, you need a delivery of some new balls, install them, and then answer the door(YOUR OWN FECKIN DOOR)confidently and tell him to go forth and multiply. With a bit of luck, he will chin you one, and you can then take him to the cleaners for assault. That or he will feck off. This is actually a nuts thread, btw. Unreal. Grow some and man up to him ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Call in his natural enemy, the mailman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Is there anything to be said for having another mass

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Beat the ****e out of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Haha

What did you do, hide underneath the window? Why didn't you answer the door and say we don't get your milk from him? I'm sure he has it written down who gets milk. OP did you use it and think he wouldn't notice? Is your address on the receipt? Why even take it off the little girl?

He'll keep adding on and on if you're not upfront with him. Them milk rounds used to be worth a fortune.

Crazy isnt it :P
    Back in the day, or even up to the early 90s I should say, milkmen was a great job to have. Funny the way certain professions just fade away along with the times.

Wonder what current job in these times will fade away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

I assumed it was just a mistake, he'd realize when he looked at his bill, no problem.
    And when the girl showed up the following day why didn't you walk out to the car and talk to the driver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Fitz123

Get your misses to answer the door next time and try this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOjtaXdbqfU

Cos either the girl posted it through the letterbox, or the car wasn't near by.

Red21 wrote: »
    And when the girl showed up the following day why didn't you walk out to the car and talk to the driver?
    No balls, at a guess?

• Advertisement
Advertisement