Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This bloody milkman

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

cloud493 wrote: »
    Cos either the girl posted it through the letterbox, or the car wasn't near by.
    Ok, why didnt you answer the door when the bell rang the first time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Beast of Bodmin

Pay with monopoly money.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oldon

About six weeks ago now, this bloke came round the house, said he was starting a milkman service, asking if I was interested. His prices were even more of a rip off than centra, so I politely declined, as is the way.

Skip forward to about 2 weeks ago, knock on the door. Its some 11 year old girl, with a waiting car, giving me a bill 'for the milk' I told her we hadn't signed up for the milkman service, she gave me the bill anyway. At the time, that was 39 euro. We hadn't asked for milk, or got any, so I assumed it'd just go away. Wrong. This girl has been every day, and the bills gone up, every day. Absolute nonsense. Bout 20 minutes ago, the bloke in question turned up, rang the bell about 7 times, hammered on the window, banged the letterbox. Didn't leave for about 20 minutes

What do I do about this AH?

Tell him you have no contract with him or ever had. If he comes back on ur property you have to call the garda. Tell him he has no right to be on ur property . If he calls again you may take legal action against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Pottler wrote: »
    No balls, at a guess?

Pretty much. Lack of balls/couldn't be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Wonder what current job in these times will fade away.
    Painting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Has anyone made a father ted reference yet? I'm sure there's a good joke to be made with that. I'm not that funny though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Do you have a blurred type window in the middle of your front door OP ?

If so, approach it slowly completely naked next time he knocks, brandishing a large knife. Let hilarity ensue !

Seriously though tell him to go get ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

I think its avenmore. He's never actually given us any milk, yet his bill is now up to 57.40. Absolute madness.

This guy is milking it, pure scam he is selling watered down gear passing it off as avenmore. Get on to avonmore in the morning. Sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Deliver the milk to him James bond style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Has anyone made a father ted reference yet? I'm sure there's a good joke to be made with that. I'm not that funny though.

Yea, it's weird that there haven't been any Ted references yet. Ah well, hopefully someone will add them later. Fingers crossed.

Next time he comes round, stick your dick in the letter box and piss on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Decky10

Is this post for real??? Can,t understand why you didn,t anwser the door and tell him not so politely to **** off. Grow a pair man an do yourself a favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Red21 wrote: »
    And when the girl showed up the following day why didn't you walk out to the car and talk to the driver?
    Cos either the girl posted it through the letterbox, or the car wasn't near by.
    About six weeks ago now, this bloke came round the house, said he was starting a milkman service, asking if I was interested. His prices were even more of a rip off than centra, so I politely declined, as is the way.

Skip forward to about 2 weeks ago, knock on the door. Its some 11 year old girl, with a waiting car, giving me a bill 'for the milk' I told her we hadn't signed up for the milkman service, she gave me the bill anyway. At the time, that was 39 euro. We hadn't asked for milk, or got any, so I assumed it'd just go away. Wrong. This girl has been every day, and the bills gone up, every day. Absolute nonsense. Bout 20 minutes ago, the bloke in question turned up, rang the bell about 7 times, hammered on the window, banged the letterbox. Didn't leave for about 20 minutes

I smell cowstuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

What part of the country is this OP?

Maybe someone on here will have a friend or relation in your area that the same thing is happening to them. Strength in numbers and all that if you do have to approach the guards etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Fitz123

Tell them their milk made you very ill, so you in turn will be suing them for $1 million dollars.

• Advertisement

Pretty much. Lack of balls/couldn't be arsed.
    What has balls got to do with it, you never had any kind of discussion with him since the first bill was given, which you took.

What has balls got to do with it, you never had any kind of discussion with him since the first bill was given, which you took.

Which is why?

As for the person who quoted, first time the girl knocked, I answered. Second time, didn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

this is a crazy thread and a very strange non problem you have decided to share with us

i fail to see your issue - OPEN THE FUGGIN DOOR AND TELL THE CHAP YOU'RE NOT PAYING FOR SOMETHING YOU NEVER GOT OR WILL NEVER WANT -

simple

Kill him and take his daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Which is why?

As for the person who quoted, first time the girl knocked, I answered. Second time, didn't.
    Top tip- embrace the pain. Open the door, walk out, tell him to fcuk foo. Stand there, ready for the worst. When you decide to face things head on, they evaporate. Embrace the pain, ring that cnut you were avoiding, have a full and frank discussion, open the door, answer the phone. Embrace the pain. It is very liberating.:)It's also my motto - embrace the pain!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

Release the hounds

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭marble

Ever heard of Trent?he'd sort it for ya...but be prepared for your missus to be banged senseless!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

You were in the house? Either open the door and tell him to go **** himself or if you're afraid call the Gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

all that milk building up over the past few weeks.... at this stage it must be..

PAST YOUR EYES

Op was there milk delivered to your house?

marble wrote: »
    Ever heard of Trent?he'd sort it for ya...but be prepared for your missus to be banged senseless!
    Literature-rily. On the whole "Milkman and the misus" thing, was it real? Or wishful thinking? I can't imagine my missus being too "taken" with or by the milkman, nor any other missus - some clown delivering bottles in the ar5e hours of the morning for 50p a shot? What exactly was the supposed "attraction"? Banging the Barrister I get, the Milkman? Just, Why??

Op was there milk delivered to your house?

No, thats the whole point. No milk at all, or anything. But according to his bill, I had orange juice, milk, and eggs.

No, thats the whole point. No milk at all, or anything. But according to his bill, I had orange juice, milk, and eggs.
    Greedy fecker! Just pay the man!:D

No bacon?

seeing as you haven't talked to the guy yet, maybe it's some kinda misunderstanding, like some other guy does the rounds and he does collections. Again why didn't you answer the door when he rang the bell?

• Advertisement

Cos I couldn't be arsed. Hoped he's realize his mistake and **** off./

and if he does the same tomorrow, will you be arsed making the trip to the door, i've a feeling he'll be back

Well after tonight I will. I'l be perfectly pleasent, see how he reacts. Explain the mistake etc. If he carries on claiming I owe him, I'l close the door in his face, and if he kicks off, the Gardai will be called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

answer the door holding a chanisaw and a mask:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Tell him you haven't received any milk, you never wanted any or agreed to anything, take down his reg and tell me if he comes on your property again you'll ring the gardai and tell them you're being harassed.

Or you could stop being a big wendy and answer the door with a claw hammer and lose the plot.

Tell him you haven't received any milk, you never wanted any or agreed to anything, take down his reg and tell me if he comes on your property again you'll ring the gardai and tell them you're being harassed.

Or you could stop being a big wendy and answer the door with a claw hammer and lose the plot.
    :Dclassic! Actually laughed. Which is rare.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Hi OP. I'm your next door neighbour. I ordered the dairy products and stole them before you got up. Been living it up at breakfast time for the last 2 weeks. Now that the sh1t has hit the fan I better be on my way. I'll be half way to Mexico by the time you read this. Adios Muchache.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I hope its not UHT milk, but then again theres no demand for it cos its shite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Milkmen do it on your doorstep.

Milkmen do it on your doorstep.

• Advertisement

Well after tonight I will. I'l be perfectly pleasent, see how he reacts. Explain the mistake etc. If he carries on claiming I owe him, I'l close the door in his face, and if he kicks off, the Gardai will be called.
    I don't think it's a scam I reckon he genuinely thinks your address owes him money for whatever reason.It wouldn't work as a scam because the amount money he's collecting is too small if he was to make killing out of it he'd have to upset 50+ people, the guards we be on top of him before he even got off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Ah leave the growing balls out of it, poor fella.
    What he really needs is to grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

You would have to get up very early in the morning to catch him, VERY early in the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Pottler wrote: »
    Literature-rily. On the whole "Milkman and the misus" thing, was it real? Or wishful thinking? I can't imagine my missus being too "taken" with or by the milkman, nor any other missus - some clown delivering bottles in the ar5e hours of the morning for 50p a shot? What exactly was the supposed "attraction"? Banging the Barrister I get, the Milkman? Just, Why??

Eh, its not the arse hours of the morning. Husband goes to work at 07.00am, wife has the run of the house to herself, milkman / postman / repairman comes between 08.00am - 11.00am, sexy time!!!!

A barrister? I dont understand.

Advertisement