Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Factory reset - Grandstream Budge Tone-200

Options
  • 21-09-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have a Grandstream Budge Tone-200 - a pretty old VOIP phone which I use with Blueface. Something's gone wrong and I'd like to reset to Factory Default setting. According to the manual, the way to do this is by keying in the Mac address through the menu. However, I can't access the menu - the LCD just displays "no ip", or sometimes nothing at all.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to do some kind of physical reset? by opening the phone maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

If it helps anyone, I gave up on this phone as it seemed to be beyond repair.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If it says no ip, it probably wasn't assigned an ip address by the DHCP server. Try setting up a static ip through the web portal.

Grandstream's phones are terrible. Their support is dire. Certainly not reliable enough for personal use.

Cisco, Panasonic and Gigaset manufacture some good products out there. Even the older cisco products work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

I tried to set up a static IP but no success with that. I gave up and bought a new phone. Grandstream again, hopefully this one will last...

Advertisement