Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 month old cat gone off wet food

• 21-09-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there hoping someone will be able to give me some advice. I have 2 11 month old cats, brother and sister, however tha male cat the biggest of the two has totally gone off wet food? He is nibbling on nuts but his appetite is no where near what it used to be. When ever he used to come in he would wolf down his meat (once he'd licked the jelly off) thought he may of gone off the jelly variety so switched to gravy but no joy, he isn't loosing weight and his coat is still lovely n shiney. Has anyone else experienced this and should I be concerned?? Any advice would be welcome 😉

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭nachocheese

My cat (4 year old) can sometimes go through spells of not eating his wet food. Can happen for a short while every now and then.

I just keep leaving it out and then binning it at the end of the day if he hasn't eaten it and eventually his appetite comes back.

If it's for a long period then bring him to the vet. If he goes outside, he may also be being fed by neighbours, I know my lad is from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Is it possible he's getting food elsewhere? A neighbour that feeds their cat outside, perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My cats sometimes go off specific flavors of wet food, at the moment we are going through a fish flavor phase where as 2 months ago they wouldn't touch fish flavors and would only eat poultry! Maybe try switching it up a bit to see if that encourages him?

Advertisement