Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible options for future re-entry

Options
  • 21-09-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I'm not long back from what was a truly amazing one year WHV in Oz. I'm back home now and thankfully working away but part of me is still pining to head back at some point. As I didn't do the farm work I presume the second year WHV is totally out of the question but is there any other avenues I could explore in the future or will I have to make do with a three-month holiday visa? Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

If you intend to come back working then permanent resident is your only route but you must have a skill that is on the sol list.
    Sponsorship is another method, but that is pretty hard to get from Ireland unless you have a very sought after skill.
    If you dont have a skill that is on the list, but did work for some company for a long time and made a very good impression on them while you were there, then I would advise you to ring your supervisor/manager sooner rather than latter and have a good chat with them about the possibilities of sponsorship.
    Failing all that you may only go back on a 3 month holiday visa. or if your really lucky some ozzy sheila might ring you up and say she is about to have your child:D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Touch wood re the last point ;) Many thanks for the reply - it sums up what I feared as I have no real required skill and no real chance of getting the sponsorship. Ah well, not to worry - 3 month stints it is so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Touch wood re the last point ;) Many thanks for the reply - it sums up what I feared as I have no real required skill and no real chance of getting the sponsorship. Ah well, not to worry - 3 month stints it is so :)
    Until you get caught or immigration cop on:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Missing Australia like hell myself, but made the mistake of getting a girlfriend so didnt do my farmwork, fast foward to now when its to late and Im home, praying they change the rules and give out another visa for idiots who didnt do farmwork:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Hw about new zealand? Next best thing for whv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement