Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transaction charges

Options
  • 22-09-2012 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I just got a letter from AIB saying ive been charged 25 euro for 3 months of transactions without any warning or notice.

As you could imagine i lost my fckn sht with this (since i am destroyed on tax paying for ye banks as it is) and i have since been storing large amounts of money in a cup, which i withdraw from frequently without charge.

I get paid monthly and i withdraw every cent that isnt required for the loan in one transaction because AIB can have their 20c but they cannot have my funds in their accounts.

What i am wondering is there any way moving to BOI from AIB wont leave me shafted? Credit union and EBS seem to provide the same banking services except i dont get charged for taking MY money out of MY account.

My cup doesnt give 0.001% interest but he doesnt charge 20c when i take a 50 note out either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi gentcore,

Thanks for posting.

With a standard current account there are two fee options:

Option 1 - Pay as You Go
    Pay 28c for every transaction into or out of your account (charged quarterly).

Option 2 - Flat Fee
    11.40 per quarter, for up to 90 transactions into and out of your account. Over 90 transactions would costs 28c each. If you have more than 40 transactions per quarter, Flat Fee becomes the better option for you. You can, however, switch between the two options at any stage by contacting your branch. The change will take effect at the beginning of the next fee-charging quarter

You can however qualify for our No Transaction Fees offer:

1) Over the course of a fee quarter, lodge at least €3,000 to your Personal Current Account (this is the equivalent of €1,000 net salary lodgement per month) AND make 9 debit payments for that account using 365 Phone, Online and/or Mobile Banking. Payments made by direct debit or standing order do not qualify as 365 Phone, Online and/or Mobile Banking payments for the purpose of this offer.

Or

Maintain a minimum credit balance of €3,000 in your Personal Current Account throughout the full fee quarter to qualify.

Please note the criteria for the Free Transaction Offer is changing in the next fee quarter and customers will need to maintain a minimum credit balance of €3,000 in their Personal Current Account throughout the full fee quarter to qualify.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Hi gentcore,

Thanks for posting.

With a standard current account there are two fee options:

Option 1 - Pay as You Go
    Pay 28c for every transaction into or out of your account (charged quarterly).

Option 2 - Flat Fee
    11.40 per quarter, for up to 90 transactions into and out of your account. Over 90 transactions would costs 28c each. If you have more than 40 transactions per quarter, Flat Fee becomes the better option for you. You can, however, switch between the two options at any stage by contacting your branch. The change will take effect at the beginning of the next fee-charging quarter

You can however qualify for our No Transaction Fees offer:

1) Over the course of a fee quarter, lodge at least €3,000 to your Personal Current Account (this is the equivalent of €1,000 net salary lodgement per month) AND make 9 debit payments for that account using 365 Phone, Online and/or Mobile Banking. Payments made by direct debit or standing order do not qualify as 365 Phone, Online and/or Mobile Banking payments for the purpose of this offer.

Or

Maintain a minimum credit balance of €3,000 in your Personal Current Account throughout the full fee quarter to qualify.

Please note the criteria for the Free Transaction Offer is changing in the next fee quarter and customers will need to maintain a minimum credit balance of €3,000 in their Personal Current Account throughout the full fee quarter to qualify.

Thanks

Billy
    You neglect to mention that this is changing in less than two months' time to basically "keep 3K in your account at all times or you can forget about getting free banking."

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/pca-press-ad-final-18thsept.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Yakuza,

Thanks for posting.

The change to the criteria is mentioned in the last paragraph of Billy's post.

Just to clarify, the current fee quarter ends on 16th November 2012.
    If you wish to amend the fee category you are on before the above take effect you will need to make the amendment before 16th of November 2012. You can contact the branch or Banking 365 to discuss.
    The contact number for Banking 365 is 0818 365 365.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

My apologies, it looked like a cut n paste job so I didn't read to the end of the text. I was in a bit of a cynical frame of mind when I posted it too!

Advertisement