Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlocked but cannot root the Nexus 7?

• 22-09-2012 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I've spent about 5 hours like a muppet today trying to root this thing.

I used wugfresh method and followed everything by the letter.

Unlocked fine...no problems there. Drivers are correctly installed as "Android ADB interface" in device manager.

When it comes to root its where the problem is.

It says its push root files and "rooting" on the pc and the screen just stays in the bootloader screen as you can see in the photo:

[IMG][/img]20120922010801.th.jpg

I just stays on that screen and I end up pressing the power button to click start again.

So basically I can't get root access as there's no superuser or any busybox files installed.

So I'm just left with an unlocked nexus 7. And I've checked to make sure its locked as there is the lock symbol showing up during boot up.

Can anyone help me get this sorted? Would love to have root access on this thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Anyone?

I can get it back to being locked no problem. I just can't root it using wugfresh method.

Any other way to manually root it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Anyone?

I can get it back to being locked no problem. I just can't root it using wugfresh method.

Any other way to manually root it??

You should have asked this question on XDA, far more likely to get a helpful answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Got it sorted. Basically I couldn't get the correct drivers on my pc and it was preventing me from rooting.

So I just started from scratch on my laptop and it worked straight off.

So I just need to know how to get CWM?

Advertisement