Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three Months To Live.

• 22-09-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

Lets just say that the Mayan's prophecy is accurate and the world will end in December 2012. How would you feel about that, would it scare you?? For instance have you achieved all you want or is there still more. For me personally if I knew it to be fact I'd party around the clock till the end. :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'd do something heroic and romantic, like Robert Duvall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It really depends if the Credit Union also knew the doomsday was coming. Because, if it didn't, I'd die with a massive loan; in an orgy of drugs and hookers.

If it did and I couldn't get a loan...it'd be Dutch Gold and fat girls, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Probably join in whatever rioting ensued. No prison for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I'd kill an awful lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Beast of Bodmin

I'd make friends with as many black people as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The world's not going to end. Its the date the alien colonization of the earth begins, according to the X Files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'd kill an awful lot of people.

Such an apt username I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

Does this mean I don't have to go Christmas shopping? I hate Christmas shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I think I would travel to North Korea - sure if they put me in one of their forced labour camps, I wouldn't give a fúck, the world would end in 3 months anyways.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,302 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

12 weeks off work with 'stress' for me for starters!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd try and get a refund for the 2013 diary I bought the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Toshchiy Imperatritsy Vselennoy

Would drive a car through croke park stadium and do doughnuts....yeah on the hallowed ground....

Would go around every designer store taking all the dresses i like ...same with make-up..

Spend time with family..give them presents i had especially stolen for them.

Spend time in nature...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

If there was only three months to live, I would start doing as many drugs to cut down on sleep and buy as much time as possible, fuck around, drink all I could and never stop until I had fulfilled all my fantasies and then die a happy man, probably well before the 21st of December!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Shag a sheep
    Take heroin
    read the Daily Mail

Edit: damn, thought this was "What you do in the evening thread"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Shag a sheep
    Take heroin
    read the Daily Mail

Edit: damn, thought this was "What you do in the evening thread"

Heroin is something I'd definitely experience, the ultimate high I need to feel that before I die.

Daily Mail and sheep shagging I could do without ever knowing. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Give up work.
    Meet my "friend" more often than once a week.
    Enjoy family time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Give up work.
    Meet my "friend" more often than once a week.
    Enjoy family time.

A friend, you say????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

I'd give Eamon Dunphy the father and mother of a hiding, hold up an off licence - steal 100 bottles of spirits, go on the run, find a safe house in one of the lesser known islands and wait for the inevitable :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Smidge wrote: »
    A friend, you say????

Yes a friend :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Get my hands on some guns,
    kill everyone on my mentally stored list of enemies,
    Attempt to shag any fine beur' I've ever fantasised about
    fulfill a bucket list of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd shoot all the people who keep 'predicting' these doomsday dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

It's a chaos that could never really be fully described but here you go.

Murder, rape, looting, blasting people with piss. There be so many oul ones screaming "ah here wil ye leave it ouu" the nation would be in tears of laughter and pain. Junkies over dosing 6 weeks before the big day. Alcoholics lying in their own vomit. People buying **** they don't need. Dogs killing cats and hunting scumbags in packs. People living out their wildest dirtiest deepest sexual fantasies.

Orange men marching up and down past churches, priests condemning them to hell. Enda kenny saying we need an emergency tax to keep the outlaws at bay. Big Phil Hogan with a bazooka trying to blow up the houses that still haven't paid the household tax. Criminals moving to Spain thinking they can avoid dooms day.

Beggers laughing on the street. The masses on fb and twitter updating every second sending the cyber world into break down. Nerds fapping over big tits on the interweb. Gingers sitting there silently smiling. Roy Keane repeating on telly saying "ah sure at the end of the day like".

Bertie grabbing all his money from his mattress. Houses, cars, buildings all burnt out. The second is approaching and BOOM just like that we are speckles of dust floating into the atmosphere on our way to fock 40 virgins.

I can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

I wouldn't give a royal fuck if the world ended in three hours time let alone three months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I wouldn't give a royal fuck if the world ended in three hours time let alone three months time.

Why though? Is it a personal detraction from the world or what. I know myself I want things to end soon, I'm sick of the day to day tedium and the general direction which the human race is being pulled towards. I'd like it to stop..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

Why though? Is it a personal detraction from the world or what. I know myself I want things to end soon, I'm sick of the day to day tedium and the general direction which the human race is being pulled towards. I'd like it to stop..

I have similar sentiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

It's just another change, all change is constant. Granted if the world ended it'd be a tad drastic, but change nonetheless.

I think I'd quite like whizzing around as an atom for a bit. Beats working.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 losts

Murder, rape, looting, blasting people with piss. There be so many oul ones screaming "ah here wil ye leave it ouu" the nation would be in tears of laughter and pain. Junkies over dosing 6 weeks before the big day. Alcoholics lying in their own vomit. People buying **** they don't need. Dogs killing cats and hunting scumbags in packs. People living out their wildest dirtiest deepest sexual fantasies.

Orange men marching up and down past churches, priests condemning them to hell. Enda kenny saying we need an emergency tax to keep the outlaws at bay. Big Phil Hogan with a bazooka trying to blow up the houses that still haven't paid the household tax. Criminals moving to Spain thinking they can avoid dooms day.

Beggers laughing on the street. The masses on fb and twitter updating every second sending the cyber world into break down. Nerds fapping over big tits on the interweb. Gingers sitting there silently smiling. Roy Keane repeating on telly saying "ah sure at the end of the day like".

Bertie grabbing all his money from his mattress. Houses, cars, buildings all burnt out. The second is approaching and BOOM just like that we are speckles of dust floating into the atmosphere on our way to fock 40 virgins.

I can't wait!

All these films try to describe it 4:44, Last Night and Melancholia

But I agree with you case for debauchery all the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Honestly? If we knew for a fact that the end of the world was coming?

I think I would deny many of our politicians the privilege of seeing it.
    Starting with Bertie.

Kojak wrote: »
    I think I would travel to North Korea - sure if they put me in one of their forced labour camps, I wouldn't give a fúck, the world would end in 3 months anyways.....

Ya could just go there for your next holiday. The Mass Games looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I'd make friends with as many black people as possible.

I wouldn't, just in case it wasn't true.

Relax! Only joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I'd cry hot, snotty, salty tears and run around in a state of blind panic for the whole 3 months.

And live on a solid diet of Chocolate McVites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Without exception, every single cult and group that has prophesised that the world would end on a certain day walked away the following day with their tail between their legs. Some even gave away all their possessions. This time its the turn of the Maya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

enfield wrote: »
    Without exception, every single cult and group that has prophesised that the world would end on a certain day walked away the following day with their tail between their legs. Some even gave away all their possessions. This time its the turn of the Maya.

To be fair on the Mayans they didn't predict 2012 to be the end of the world, it was just the end of their particular calendar because it would probably have been slightly inconvenient for them to create one up lasting 7.6 billion years when the Earth really will end. They would have just gone and drawn up a new calendar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Lets just say that the Mayan's prophecy is accurate and the world will end in December 2012. How would you feel about that, would it scare you?? For instance have you achieved all you want or is there still more. For me personally if I knew it to be fact I'd party around the clock till the end. :pac:

Yeah it would scare me, I fear death more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭EclipsiumRasa

The world's going end? We're all going to die?

Deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

id ride lady gaga so hard that she would be looking forward to the end of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Jesus. You'd really be complaining if you were alive 500 years ago if tedium is what you're most worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

bone Georgia Salpa till i broke her .......... and take up smoking ... again
    oh and shoot the f2ck out of every crunt that i deem to warrant a bullet in the head - starting with every crook that ever entered the dail , then anglo ect ect

when my sex and murder fest has come to a satisfying conclusion ,
    go home and hug and kiss my kids till the time comes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I can't wait!

For some reason I kept speeding up as I read this post, Right up to the BOOM!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Three months? I'd get my affairs in order.

Wait, I don't have any...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I would just wait contently until the end. I can't convey how much I really really REALLY want the world to end in three months time. It would be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

dj jarvis wrote: »
    bone Georgia Salpa till i broke her .......... and take up smoking ... again
    oh and shoot the f2ck out of every crunt that i deem to warrant a bullet in the head - starting with every crook that ever entered the dail , then anglo ect ect

when my sex and murder fest has come to a satisfying conclusion ,
    go home and hug and kiss my kids till the time comes :)

You don't have to wait for the end of the world though to do any of that.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

staker wrote: »
    You don't have to wait for the end of the world though to do any of that.:p

Imagine the size of the train that would be waiting for poor oul Miss Salpa, she wouldn't get a minute to wipe herself down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Imagine the size of the train that would be waiting for poor oul Mrs Salpa, she wouldn't get a minute to wipe herself down!

well im in first - it was my idea :D - you lot can go sloppy seconds
    but you all can borrow my hunting rifle when i have finished with it - go nuts :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I'd cry hot, snotty, salty tears and run around in a state of blind panic for the whole 3 months.

And live on a solid diet of Chocolate McVites.

Replace the McVities with vodka. You'll be welcoming your new fireball over lords :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Does this mean I don't have to go Christmas shopping? I hate Christmas shopping.

The world will end after Christmas shopping. Jesus will come down, pissed out of his head, shoot the atheists and say the games up, and to come the **** upstairs, because there's a massive afterparty going on, and Elvis is shooting darts while Mairyln is jumping around while singing "Let's Party like it's 1999"

• Registered Users Posts: 35 heisenburger

A hurricane of self-destruction consisting of long island iced tea, heroin and donor kebabs, resulting in an untimely death moments before the bang... blissful.

Advertisement