Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama classes for kids?

Options
  • 22-09-2012 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any local drama classes for kids in North Galway? Looking for something low key and fun - NOT Stagecoach type. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

What's stage coach? Would that be musical theatre?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jlacey

not sure, but I think Stagecoach, well the Galway school is acting, singing and drama classes all under one roof. They have a very good reputation because my freinds daughter went on the summer camp and feedback was v positive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Greaney wrote: »
    What's stage coach? Would that be musical theatre?

It's a stage school, with expensive fees. I'm just looking for someone doing fun plays in small groups.

Just been on their website as doing research for my Aoife, it's not cheap but the staff child ratio at Stagecoach is very goodbut the main extra expense is that there is always a non teaching principal in attendance. At most other organisations the principal teaches so that is one staff member less. Having a principal there means there is always someone to deal with emergencies and to check that everything is going OK in class.

Also as you have mentioned fun plays, costumes are usually included and there are generally no tickets to buy (just got dd's dance school show bill, costume 40 euro tickets 12 each!!)

You don't have to give a term's notice by the way. You have to let them know by half term if your child is not continuing after the end of term or pay half term fees in lieu. This is to avoid turning someone away for a place when someone doesn't turn up.

T-shirts etc are not compulsory, you just have to wear the school colours of black and/or yellow. It works out about 12 euro per hour on the website, not that dear, My dd's ballet class is about 7 per hour so there is not much difference plus you have to buy costumes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

jlacey wrote: »
    Just been on their website as doing research for my Aoife, it's not cheap but the staff child ratio at Stagecoach is very goodbut the main extra expense is that there is always a non teaching principal in attendance. At most other organisations the principal teaches so that is one staff member less. Having a principal there means there is always someone to deal with emergencies and to check that everything is going OK in class.

Also as you have mentioned fun plays, costumes are usually included and there are generally no tickets to buy (just got dd's dance school show bill, costume 40 euro tickets 12 each!!)

You don't have to give a term's notice by the way. You have to let them know by half term if your child is not continuing after the end of term or pay half term fees in lieu. This is to avoid turning someone away for a place when someone doesn't turn up.

T-shirts etc are not compulsory, you just have to wear the school colours of black and/or yellow. It works out about 12 euro per hour on the website, not that dear, My dd's ballet class is about 7 per hour so there is not much difference plus you have to buy costumes etc.

nice ad.

So anyone doing drama classes in county galway.... other than the above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Not sure what area you're looking for.

What about this crowd? www.dramatastic.ie
    No relation/connection!

they look nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jona havanna

Have you looked at Trading Faces?

Advertisement