Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Radeon 6870 3D

Options
  • 22-09-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I have the 6870 card and was wondering if any 3D monitor i buy will work or do I need to get a 3D vision kit like nvidia graphics cards use?

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

http://sites.amd.com/us/recommended/Pages/hd3d-panels.aspx

Should be able to pick up an Nvidia Vision Kit and Monitor fairly cheap though, as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nathan89

http://sites.amd.com/us/recommended/Pages/hd3d-panels.aspx

Should be able to pick up an Nvidia Vision Kit and Monitor fairly cheap though, as an alternative.
    But the I'll need to change graphics card to nvidia will I not ?

Sorry, read that wrong, looked at it as if you were thinking about a 6870.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nathan89

Sorry, read that wrong, looked at it as if you were thinking about a 6870.
    No bother. Thanks for the reply. You don't know anything about 3d in a 6870 card by any change ?

Nope, not really, but not sure what there is to know, really - I have a 3D Vision Monitor and the 3D Vision Kit, it's a worthwhile purchase in my opinion, watch quite a few movies in 3D and certain games are well worth playing in 3D - Bioshock 2 is an astounding example.

All you need is a compatiable monitor that comes with glasses, and you're set. Dunno how good driver support is, Ati only support 3D officially since the 5 series cards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement