Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scuffs found on brand new out of the box iPhone 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I am extremely sceptical about these few reports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I would be more concerned about this

http://t.co/gUnjVuXB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Looks this is the begging of the end for apple. I am going to skip the iphone 5 and move to the new lumia phone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I can confirm that apple are aware of a batch of iPhones that got some scuffs on them. They are restricted to a certain batch and apple will replace with a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Yeah defo the beginning of the end I expect they will be closed down this time tomorrow.

• Advertisement

No need to be so sarcastic. If Steve Jobs was still in charge this would never happen

N64 wrote: »
    No need to be so sarcastic. If Steve Jobs was still in charge this would never happen

How can Steve jobs or any human for that matter stop a glitch in an automated electronics factory. I'm sure random samples were taken and thus that's how they know of a limited batch of them.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

kceire wrote: »
    How can Steve jobs or any human for that matter stop a glitch in an automated electronics factory. I'm sure random samples were taken and thus that's how they know of a limited batch of them.

you could have gone for the iScratch protection :pac:

also Kceire, your sig is bust

Perhaps apple are cutting back in quality control? Steve would never have allowed ios 6 maps to ship, for example.

also Kceire, your sig is bust

What do ya mean ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What do ya mean ?
    presume he means the link for adverts, you have to view you profile and then click on the active ads and copy that url as opposed to just clicking my ads at the top, its the same link for everyone
    like so http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-83115/status_active/type_all

guil wrote: »
    presume he means the link for adverts, you have to view you profile and then click on the active ads and copy that url as opposed to just clicking my ads at the top, its the same link for everyone
    like so http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-83115/status_active/type_all

Thanks. Any way to link to your active ads?

Edit:should be fixed now, can somebody please check.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Apple have confirmed this would indeed never have happened if Steve was alive (even though other major errors happened under his stewardship whilst alive.)

Share price has collapsed to seven hundred bucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Thanks. Any way to link to your active ads?

Edit:should be fixed now
    nope, copy the link i posted to your sig or else remove the '' at the end of the link

guil wrote: »
    nope, copy the link i posted to your sig or else remove the '' at the end of the link

Thanks man!

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Perhaps apple are cutting back in quality control? Steve would never have allowed ios 6 maps to ship, for example.

Sorry but what the f%*k do you know about what Steve Jobs would do? I work for Oracle, do you think Larry Ellison comes down and checks my code before a public release. Get a Clue mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

kjl wrote: »
    I would be more concerned about this

http://t.co/gUnjVuXB

Why would you be more concerned ....it's an electronic product and you can faulty ones or they can break down at anytime.

I really find this constant looking for issues to be a pain. Also when stuff does go wrong, accept it, send it back and it will be replaced. Simple.

Sorry but what the f%*k do you know about what Steve Jobs would do? I work for Oracle, do you think Larry Ellison comes down and checks my code before a public release. Get a Clue mate.

Steve Jobs was a perfectionist. He would not let anything ship until he was happy about it. Perhaps corporate culture has changed this ?

I will refrain from posting here in the future since when I go against the mob, I get ridiculed. I am no fanboy to any specific company or platform. I have owned numerous devices ranging from one of the first android devices launched in Ireland , the HTC tattoo, right up to the iphone 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

There is no need for bellicose retorts of this nature.

• Advertisement

Steve Jobs was a perfectionist. He would not let anything ship until he was happy about it. Perhaps corporate culture has changed this ?

I will refrain from posting here in the future since when I go against the mob, I get ridiculed. I am no fanboy to any specific company or platform. I have owned numerous devices ranging from one of the first android devices launched in Ireland , the HTC tattoo, right up to the iphone 4.

Don't refrain from posting. It's a discussion forum and you have to be prepared to take criticism or at least listen to other people's views and opinions if you want to post yours.

Yeas Steve jobs was a perfectionist or so I believe but there's no way in hell he was gona inspect a couple of million phones prior to release.

It's a slight issue to a few an they will be replaced free of charge of course. Sure I've had issues with brand new nokias and HTC's in the past.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really find this constant looking for issues to be a pain. Also when stuff odes go wrong, accept it, send it back and it will be replaced. Simple.

That's a bizarre way of looking at things, when I see posts reporting issues I'm grateful, then I research those mentioned problems. Your post reads that you'd rather be ignorant of any problems and deal with them only when they appear, if that's the case it's just not going to happen, unless you stop reading the apple forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Tifosi

I believe this "scuff gate" is slightly larger than just a few phones, whole debate on another forum, the poll makes interesting reading. Now while I appreciate that a lot maybe OCD, the photos on the thread would be unacceptable to a lot of people especially when your spending a lot of money for a quality smartphone.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15832989#post15832989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mactard wrote: »
    That's a bizarre way of looking at things, when I see posts reporting issues I'm grateful, then I research those mentioned problems. Your post reads that you'd rather be ignorant of any problems and deal with them only when they appear, if that's the case it's just not going to happen, unless you stop reading the apple forum.

Yes, but when a post is reported to you it doesn't mean that all posts on that thread are wrong does it?

These sites that find a phone that has something wrong with it, like a flickering screen, and try to make out that it's either a huge problem or a sign that Apple is in demise because Steve Jobs spirit is not checking every indivdual product is just exaggeration in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

He'd have said "you're scratching it wrong"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I agree with what you said about Jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Take it easy, no need to respond like that. And by the way, Larry Ellison, who ever he is, is no Steve Jobs and what's Oracle and why should we care?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

naasrd wrote: »
    Larry Ellison, who ever he is, is no Steve Jobs and what's Oracle and why should we care?

Seriously???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, but when a post is reported to you it doesn't mean that all posts on that thread are wrong does it?

I don't understand what you are saying, can you clarify?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

naasrd wrote: »
    Take it easy, no need to respond like that. And by the way, Larry Ellison, who ever he is, is no Steve Jobs and what's Oracle and why should we care?

My God.

Advertisement